WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a mechanical designer based in Austin, TX and I am on the hunt for a watch OEM.

I was really surprised to how many companies are offering watch OEM out there. So, I thought it would be a good idea to try and get a recommendation form the people in the know before reaching out to some of the companies.

I am looking for a company that has the experinace to guide my design into something that will stand the test of time. I am open to location, but would love to work with someone locally. Are there any U.S. watchmakers that will deal with an independent designer?

Have you worked with any watch OEM’s?
What was your experience like?
Are companies open to working with low volume orders (<2000 pieces)?

I am in love with the idea of bringing my watch design to life. I have the design concept and materials, but picking an OEM from all that are out there is hard. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed,

It is a great article, thank you. I am still wondering if there are any members out there that have experience with dealing with any of the OEMs mentioned in the article or any others they would recommend. It does sound like it is a secretive topic from the article. That I can understand, but maybe there is someone out there willing to share their experience good or bad?

Thank you again.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Well... the only hint i can give ya... shall be...
You saw the success of Steinhart right? One of the company mentioned in the article is currently making watches for them... of course, it would be dependent on your pricing to gain popularity on the finished produce.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Thanks for this - very helpful.
This is quite a... hmmm... old article. And it focus only from the Swiss side, which i believe a certain production figure is required to get your project done. There should be some other smaller ones... but i don't think was mentioned... for example Roland Kemmner is also producing for other watch companies... OEM-ly.
As for some bigger ones that's not mentioned... RONDA. RONDA doesn't just make movements, they produce watches for other labels as well. As visit or go through on their corporate profile, you'll see a very familiar name in their OEM division... GC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts