WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a fan of the GO SeaQ for a while, but it costs more than I'm currently willing to spend on wrist jewelry. Thanks to WUS, earlier today I discovered the Wolbrook Skindiver, which sports the same aesthetic for less than $500. But, unfortunately it's driven by Miyota's stuttering 8315 movement.

Are there any other modern versions of this style that are powered by a Miyota 9015, or SW200, or other comparable movement?
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Product

Reactions: MaximillionBuxx

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Check out some of the Helson offerings. A couple have similar aesthetic offerings and “step up” from base movement options.

I think you’re looking at a couple hundred more for a movement that you’re going to be happy with. It may be more doable looking used though.

Sharkmaster 300 w/ETA 2824-2 for $750.

HammerHead 40 w/9039 at $650.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Those watches give off definite skin diver vibes. Maybe check out this thread?
I followed your link, but am confused. What's the difference between a diver and a skin diver? They all just look like divers to me.

EDIT: Answered my own question, thank you Dr Google:
That’s where skin diver watches come in, skin divers watches are lightweight dive watches that would generally have a lower depth rating than what would be considered appropriate for a professional dive watch. They also do not have certain features that a professional dive watch might have, like a helium escape valve.
And then they cite a Squale with 20 atm depth rating. You're not doing that with a snorkle and flippers.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I followed your link, but am confused. What's the difference between a diver and a skin diver? They all just look like divers to me.
The shape/style of the case is the difference. The general aesthetic goes back to the 60’s-70’s, but there’s definitely some bleed-over from one style to the other.

The average person probably can’t tell the difference between the two. They’re just going to regard both types as dive watches.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just buy a used one they lose about 80 percent of there value
If you're suggesting I can find a GO SeaQ for $2k on the secondhand market, then I would respectively like to request some of what you're smoking.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anything similar in some of the micro brands?
Not that I've seen, but I generally don't follow the microbrand market that closely. If other examples are out there, hopefully someone shares them here.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh cool, here's another I found on Reddit. Just like the Walbrook, it's assembled in France but unfortunately uses a Miyota 8xxx movement.
Watch Analog watch Product Font Clock

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: Shockwave
1 - 20 of 41 Posts