WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

While browsing e-bay, I found these two watches priced around $45 each. I'm new to watches and I know very little about movements so was wondering if someone here can help me figure if these are genuine and worth buying?

lagonda2.JPG lagonda1.JPG titoni2.JPG titoni1.JPG

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hi,
those look like vintage watches, im no expert but Titoni has its movement marked, other is also swiss made movement, brand unknown for me.
There were prety much swiss companies back in the days, most of them dissapeared as fast as they appear in the quarz crissis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_crisis

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
They look okay to me. I'd say the Lagonda is genuine and probably the Titoni is also, the deep engraving on the movement points to this, have a look on Ranftt and you should be able to confirm this movement? There are many fake Titoni (among others) on ebay at the moment, but they are of poor quality and fairly easy to spot.

As an after thought, the Titoni looks like it may have been re-dialed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They look okay to me. I'd say the Lagonda is genuine and probably the Titoni is also, the deep engraving on the movement points to this, have a look on Ranftt and you should be able to confirm this movement? There are many fake Titoni (among others) on ebay at the moment, but they are of poor quality and fairly easy to spot.

As an after thought, the Titoni looks like it may have been re-dialed?
On the Titoni, the dial was the thing that stood out for me too. It looks a bit rough in its finish. It probably has been redialed. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Titoni is an awful redial. Look at the paint on the 2 o'clock and 9 o'clock batons. The paint finish (roughness) is terrible, the chapter ring is a joke. There are no retaining screws holding the movement in the case.

The Lagonda has a rusting dial, but the movement is clean and the case is in between. The movement is undersized for the case, and is missing a sizing ring to hold it in place. I'd say that there is a good chance that this is a Frankenwatch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are these the brands you are looking for or just that you like the watches? Lagonda was a Swedish import brand so here you can find a lot of nice ones for rather little money.
Ah no, I wasn't looking by brand just looking at watches that caught my eye. The Titoni has a really nice shape and glass which appealed to me and the Lagonda looked nice too, though I can't explain why.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Ah no, I wasn't looking by brand just looking at watches that caught my eye. The Titoni has a really nice shape and glass which appealed to me and the Lagonda looked nice too, though I can't explain why.
Yeah, I know it's just that something that will make on fall for a watch. Lagonda is a fun cheap brand to collect though as they very often had special dials that stand out from the crowed.

Here are a couple selling on our eBay.

Lagonda Goldomatic 60-tal Guld på stål på Tradera.com - Lagonda

and

Mycket fint Lagonda V.M 21 jewels incabloc antimagnetic Swiss made

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts