WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking forward of buying a new watch from amazon the price is grate, but I was just wandering if their watches sold direct by them are genuine, I asked their costumer service and they guarantee me about this. Whats your opinion???
Please give me a hand!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I've bought a Gshock from Amazon direct, and aside from crappy packaging, everything's been smooth. I would trust a large vendor like Amazon that has built its reputation over many years as opposed to a small time vendor with 94% feedback.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Yes, any direct watch from Amazon is genuine. Had no problems at all with them, you should have full confidence. What are you thinking of buying btw?

Dan

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Is the watch sold by AMAZON.COM genuine? YES.

Does the watch sold by AMAZON.COM come with manufacturer's warranty? NO.

AMAZON.COM will handle any warranty issues (if any).

However, that said, I BELIEVE Amazon.com IS Authorized retailer for SOME brands. (Seiko? Casio? Bulova?)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
They wouldnt be selling watches if they werent. I do try to buy from their own inventory (AmazonLLC) and stay away from used watches. I have bought Edox Glycine there and they were as advertised.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for replying
I have just made the order directly from Amazon LLC, hope that everything goes right. Cheers

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Of course they are ;-)

Do you really believe that a company as large, as known as, AMAZON would dare to sell counterfeit product?! It would be insane.

AMAZON is not an authorized dealer, but that's just like just like 99% of the online watch shop.

If any watch brand would suffer from the "grey" market, you bet they would complain. But they don't. They are making huge profits with this market. They feed it. Many watch companies wouldn't even survive without the online shops...

Concerning the guarantee, I doubt a company could decline servicing a watch that was bought new, on a legal website. It would be borderline illegal...

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Yes, you're correct that Amazon is an AD for some brands like Seiko. You have to read the fine print on each product listing to see if it's got a manufacturer's warranty or something offered by Amazon or a 3rd party. One great thing about them is the no questions asked return policy. If you get a watch that has an issue in the first month, they'll give you a refund or exchange and pay for the shipping. No shuttling you off to the manufacturer, giving you the runaround if you've dared to size the bracelet, restocking fees, etc.

Is the watch sold by AMAZON.COM genuine? YES.

Does the watch sold by AMAZON.COM come with manufacturer's warranty? NO.

AMAZON.COM will handle any warranty issues (if any).

However, that said, I BELIEVE Amazon.com IS Authorized retailer for SOME brands. (Seiko? Casio? Bulova?)

·
Registered
946 Posts
All watches sold direct form Amazon will be genuine.

I would be more careful about watches sold *through* Amazon - through one of their linked sellers or secondhand, as they are not direct from Amazon themselves though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We sell through amazon, both with our own shop on Amazon and selling to Amazon wholesale. We do both of the drop shipping and all the warranties are valid. At least for our brands, buying through Amazon is genuine. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
All watches sold direct form Amazon will be genuine.

I would be more careful about watches sold *through* Amazon - through one of their linked sellers or secondhand, as they are not direct from Amazon themselves though.
The exact, perfect advice. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
are you talking about the website amazon.com or a store in the amazon? :p hehe, just feeling a little bit cheeky today

to my knowledge, amazon.com will not sell fakes, they're an established, reputable company

I do have a question for BianciWatches (or any other amazon sellers) though; does Amazon have any requirements or conditions from the sellers in regards to authenticity?

L ... is for the way you look at me ...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Are Amazon items genuine... Yes (and likely to be guaranteed genuine or a full refund)

Are items sold by another shop through Amazon genuine... Possibly.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Having bought from Amazon, yes their merchandise is genuine. They would not risk their reputation for anything less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I am looking forward of buying a new watch from amazon the price is grate, but I was just wandering if their watches sold direct by them are genuine, I asked their costumer service and they guarantee me about this. Whats your opinion???
Please give me a hand!

re: no all watches are not genuine. I bought a n fossil watch for sale seven dollars it turned out to be a fake. So be careful about what you buy

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
re: no all watches are not genuine. I bought a n fossil watch for sale seven dollars it turned out to be a fake. So be careful about what you buy
The community will need details in order to take your 4 year thread bump seriously. Did you buy direct from Amazon, fullfilled by Amazon or by a 3rd party dealer through Amazon? How did you determine your $7 watch was fake?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts