WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By cheap i mean less than $40-50... hell, even less than $20!

I asked this because it happened to me several times that some friend or relative said to me "why would you want to wear that?" (i wore Alba), and also when i wore g-shock a friend told me "c'mon, sell all your music equipment and buy yourself a decent watch!" (my friends wear Rolex)

i just laughed and no hurt feeling at all... i'm not rich,but as long as i could support my family and child education --i'm counting my blessing..

but i got me thinking... are you ashame wearing cheap watches?

I'm not.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
I do not own any watches that I am ashamed to wear, not really sure that would make much sense at all. My cheapest watch was $43 off E-bay. I wore it to work yesterday.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I own from the cheapest on up to lower-tier high-end...from Casio to Rolex. I wear them all with pride, regardless of what others think.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
I wear my cheapies with pride. I spend a fair amount on music equipment because it's my living, watches not so much. :-d

·
Registered
292 Posts
Last time I checked Alba makes some very good watches. In Japan they are often displayed in two sections; section one with inexpensive watches and section two with more expensive watches (relatively speaking). I see many people buying from both sections. They don't see to have an issue with the price in section one or two. I say buy what you like and wear it. Worry less about what others say (we really don't know what they think unless they tell us) unless you have done or said something to hurt them. Less that, live your life the way you see please in accordance with the purpose you have from the Creator!

By cheap i mean less than $40-50... hell, even less than $20!

I asked this because it happened to me several times that some friend or relative said to me "why would you want to wear that?" (i wore Alba), and also when i wore g-shock a friend told me "c'mon, sell all your music equipment and buy yourself a decent watch!" (my friends wear Rolex)

i just laughed and no hurt feeling at all... i'm not rich,but as long as i could support my family and child education --i'm counting my blessing..

but i got me thinking... are you ashame wearing cheap watches?

I'm not.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love my $20 non-G-Shock Casio Solar HDD-S100. I'm even thinking of getting a band for it that costs more than it did...never ashamed to wear it! Some days it's hard to chose which watch to wear and the Casio is almost always in the running...

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
I'd like to say "no", but..
Well, unfortunately I think I do have this personality flaw. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing, say, an hmt or a casio ana-digi.. I definitely won't remark about this to other people, nor tell them they need to "upgrade", of course. Just on a personal level, for my wrist and my feelings, I think I might not be able to wear a sub-$20 watch.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wear my cheapies with pride. I spend a fair amount on music equipment because it's my living, watches not so much. :-d
yeah... even though this is digital era with all these "Soft Synth" and VSTi, i just cannot let my hardware synths go hehehe...
i'd better use seikos and casios than let my synthesizers go.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I'm new to the watch hobby and can't really afford all the watches I like anytime soon. At this point in the hobby and in my career I would be ashamed to wear anything expensive because it would be so out of sync with everything else about me. I couldn't wear a $5000 watch knowing that I could have had five affordables and a nice vacation with my sweetheart (or paid for my upcoming return to school).

I'm therefore very glad I've found f71, because it fits me.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I own a few Invicta Roley homages I picked up for $45 of the bay, the 9401 Explorer II GMT homage and the 7116 IP black Swiss Daytona homage, and I wear them to work every day because I see no sense in wearing my +$400 watches to a pharmacy.. Plus they look great!

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
What I wear is to make me happy, not impress anybody else.

As long as every function on the watch works (translation: it doesn't have fake subdials or nubs made to look like pushers or crowns) or at least worked at one time, I'm probably pretty happy.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I am way past the age of doing things for other people's approval.

Buy what you want. Wear what you want. Words that are repeated often here because they are true.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I wear whatever I like. I do find myself wearing my cheaper watches much less than the rest though.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I don't care what other people think about me in any aspect of life, let alone the watch I'm wearing. And I don't care what they are wearing. Makes no sense to me to even care about those trivial things, never has.
I guess you get to a certain age where all of that is meaningless. I think I was 6 when that happened :)

1 - 20 of 316 Posts