• yes

Votes: 49 19.8%
  • no

Votes: 199 80.2%
41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, I will. I don't know when but it will happen. Never cared much for the Frogman models, but since The Kermit hit the market with such a rumble... I look at them with different eyes. And come on guys, just look at those new style fasteners in the bezel and elsewhere on this chunk of a diver.....
I can't do different as to just like this one.... :-!
Cheers!
Jurphaas :-d

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just a quick question. What would you rather have, a Brazilian/Red Jelly/Blue Jelly Frogman plus some cash left over or this new Frogman. I know what I'd rather have.
Quick answer... NEW , NEW , NEW !!!!!! I am a bit impulsive with my purchases at times so I voted YES. I will watch the prices first, but I hope to get one at some point, just not at $700. I like the design and the so-called cluttered display-- and the case back is just darn cute.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
No not at these prices, $250 tops, if want to spend out on a quartz diver for this money I would go far a Citizen Aqualand

$486 shipped anywhere, and still have change for a couple of G-7900`s :-d

Or maybe hunt this one down

and still have change for a G-7900 :-d

Realistically the new Frog is going to be sub $500, however not by much, and as others have said, there are too many other watches at this price point that are more attractive...

Q-6

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
No not at these prices, $250 tops, if want to spend out on a quartz diver for this money I would go far a Citizen Aqualand

$486 shipped anywhere, and still have change for a couple of G-7900`s :-d

Or maybe hunt this one down

and still have change for a G-7900 :-d

Q-6
I totally agree and have said so a couple of times. The new frog to me has lost some of its mystic. Also if this one does sell enough that will help casio raise there prices even more in the future o|

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
One word: No.

If I had the watch money to buy an atomic Frogman at list price, I'd get the DW-9900 instead, plus a GS-1200B, a G-2310-1V and a DW-5700C-9V for nostalgia.

·
Registered
236 Posts
One word: No.

If I had the watch money to buy an atomic Frogman at list price, I'd get the DW-9900 instead, plus a GS-1200B, a G-2310-1V and a DW-5700C-9V for nostalgia.
lol. word.

i concur, that's a negative for over $450/$500...and i agree with the others that say that display is pretty busy...

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
The Moon and tide graph are probably out of place on this one, if they asked me they would have made the digits bigger and removed the "eye" but when all is said and done the frog is a very capable dive watch, it out performs any mechanical by virtue of its multiple timers and it is interesting, well made and sort of fun to wear. The Aqualand is a nice watch and has a few more features than the frog but I have veered away from the hybrid mix and found the Suunto D4 to be a lot more useful as a back up diver since it is a pretty full featured dive computer that can pass as an everyday watch.

why bang up a dive computer when you can wear a frog? the D4 sells for under $400 new and beats the straps off of the Citizen for features, Frogs beat them both for toughness. Price is a matter of perspective, $750 is a lot of money but not out of line with all of those new clone mechanicals out there. Just one guy's opinion.
now i'm hitting the road for a little diving.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
i think the price will soon drop to 500$,because clearly nobody is giving the new frog some love :D.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes, I will. I don't know when but it will happen. Never cared much for the Frogman models, but since The Kermit hit the market with such a rumble... I look at them with different eyes. And come on guys, just look at those new style fasteners in the bezel and elsewhere on this chunk of a diver.....
I can't do different as to just like this one.... :-!
Cheers!
Jurphaas :-d
There's nothing wrong with the watch, I REALLY like it, but the price plain sucks...:rodekaart

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nope. That thing is fugly! Please, Casio, do not discontinue the GW-20X series for the forseeable future!...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Nope. That thing is fugly! Please, Casio, do not discontinue the GW-20X series for the forseeable future!...
Thats the best answer Make both :-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
to be honest, i'll probably skip on this one. i think my interest in ghsocks has shifted to primarily the classic square shape.

i don't completely dismiss the notion of a g-shock for over $500. but it would certainly have to be the right watch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just can't imagine paying that sort of money for a g-shock, even the $279 I paid for my GW200MS I thought was a little high. I am hoping the price will drop when Casio realizes the economic situation we are in the midst of. **wishful thinking**

Other than the price factor, I love the look of the new watch, its about time they stuck a multiband module in the froggy..What took so long Casio??

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I paid $285 for my MIRB Frog from Seiya-san, and it is worth every penny.|> I like both new Frogs, but would not pay the price of admission. As other have said, too many good divers out there for less.

Talking of which, this Aqualand is fantastic.:-!

·
G-Shock Mod
14,342 Posts
probably not right a way :think:

unless it has ticks under its sleeves that we don't know of yet.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts