Votes: 49 19.8%
  • no

Votes: 199 80.2%
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm still saying 'no'.

But I'm sure that this model will be a huge success. It is clearly not a watch for the masses, and that is reflected in the poll. Casio certainly won't be worried by the results of our little survey. The release of the 'Apache' Frogman will probably open up new, high end markets for Casio, and I think that is what they were aiming at.

I also agree that the GW-200 series has better aesthetics, and I would have been happy if they had just tacked on Atomic time for an extra $30 or so.

Obviously Casio had other ideas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The high end watch sector is IMHO a highly competitive market with long-etablished brands. I am not being sure if Casio is strong enough for this game :roll:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The high end watch sector is IMHO a highly competitive market with long-etablished brands. I am not being sure if Casio is strong enough for this game :roll:

Casio I think is strong enough, but public opinion of Casio here in the US is not the same as Japan and I dont think you really see or hear much about Oceanus or the MRG 8500 top of the line G Shock. Most think low cost digitals or culculators or maybe now cameras.

I dont see any value in the pricing of the new Frog also with casio's not making the new Frog a limited edition, I think they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot :-d:-d

Edit I dont think it will be long before discounts show up. Time will tell.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I will buy if Casio release the non-atomic version with same price level as the current GW-200MS:-d:-d:-d. If not, i will stick to the Final Edition, the GW200FZ.

Conclusion is depends whether Marco Corp., the distributor of Casio in Malaysia will bring it in here.....:think::think::think::think::think::think:

cheers,

yschow

141 - 147 of 147 Posts