WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys are planning to postpone any major buys until BaselWorld2014 (Late March-Early April). As far as i know that's when new collections come out. Obviously watch do not really change much from year to year, but you still get newer version.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,669 Posts
No, valid for SIHH as well. Models displayed will be available end of 2014. Not of any relevance for me though.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Most Basel Models aren't available until late year anyway if your lucky. Most models you won't see until the following year. That Omega Dark Side of the Moon was the talk of the town and I have yet to see a live one posted on this forum.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
I was wondering if you guys are planning to postpone any major buys until BaselWorld2014 (Late March-Early April). As far as i know that's when new collections come out. Obviously watch do not really change much from year to year, but you still get newer version.
As others have mentioned no, I'm still trying to find a particular watch from SIHH/Basel 2013 . . .

·
Registered
592 Posts
The only thing postponing my next purchase at this time is lack of funds (saving for a "grail like" purchase that may take a lot of years of savings), so BaselWorld2014 only acts as a temptation that can't be acted on anyway.

·
Premium Member
36,171 Posts
The only thing that would force me to postpone buying another watch is the time it takes to buy it...........

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Nope,my next watch came out in 2011,and for Panerai,you can get the latest stuff in late 2014 if you're VIP,otherwise you gotta wait until February 2015,can you stand waiting 10-11 months to get the watch that you want?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I'm postponing until I win the lottery. If that coincides with BaselWorld 2014, so be it.

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I have one watch on hold waiting on Basel. I want a Omega Planet Ocean but I am hoping they will release the 3 hander in the GMT 44mm case. The chances are slim but I figured I would wait just to see, it isn't like there aren't other watches I can buy if I get the bug.

Perfection for me would be a 44mm PO in the Good Planet color scheme.

·
Premium Member
71,280 Posts
WHAT! Wait until the end of March I don't think I could manage it. Anything released at Baselworld often filters into the shops by late summer so it will be on my hit list then.

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
SIHH is less than a month away!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not on purpose, but I probably won't be ready to buy my next watch until after BW occurs, so I may as well see what is being offered. I'd like to get something reasonably affordable from Seiko, so it would be interesting to see if there is anything worth waiting for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts