WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The worlds greatest watch designer Gerald Genta has made icons like Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, Patek Philippe Nautilus, Bulgari Bvlgari Bvlgari, IWC Ingenieur, Cartier Pasha among others.

Recently Mr Genta was kind to present a new iconic design of a luxury sports watch to the Swedish watch brand Arlanch. The watch feautures the trademark of Genta, the octagonal case. It has a crocodile strap and inside beats an automatic movement from La Joux-Perret with a power reserve of 44 hours. The Arlanch logo at 6 doubles as small second.
When Genta designed the octagonal Royal Oak for Audemars Piguet in the 70:s he came up with the idea of having screws going through the case to improve the water resistance. However with the technology of today he can achive the same tightness without.

-For me it is the Royal Oak redefined, says the founder of Arlanch, Gabriel Arlanch.

Price on request: www.arlanch.se

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Arlanche will have a plastic case ... more

After talking to Gabriel Arlanch, I found out that his goal is to manufacture the version included in this mail.

Gabriel strongly believes that the case of this watch should be made of plastic. He explains why:

"When the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak by Gerald Genta came out in the 70:s the use of steel in a high end watch was something unheard of. The price was even higher than most of their gold watches. It was very provocative. A few years later his steel watch Nautilus for Patek Philippe got the same reception. The only material I can think of that would be that provocative today is, of course, plastic. That is the reason why plastic is so right for this watch. Of course it would be high quality plastic. Today there is plastics that is as hard as steel so it is really all about the mental attitude."

Looking forward hearing more on this project.

Related link: www.arlanch.se

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts