WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ! I'm new on this thread. I just wanna know more about these brand Armand Nicolet, but somehow there are less info out there. I come across their old model L10, it looks pretty nice to me and i'm kinda interested to get 1. Isn't it a good watch ? How about their watch movement? Hopefully I can get more info here. Thank you.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
I don't know about that model but it looks very nice indeed, and what looks to be a very interesting movement. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge of vintage movements can comment. I have had a different model Armand Nicolet and found the quality to be excellent. RRP's are a bit high IIRC but they are not alone there. Pics would help generate interest, but here at least is a link for the benefit of others:

L10 Small Seconds swiss watch - by Armand Nicolet

not sure why the link says small seconds

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Very pretty watch indeed

I know nothing about the movement (which is from the 60s) or brand though I'm afraid.

·
Moderator at Large
53,068 Posts
The FHF 72 in its time was a quality movement with screw balance and a free oscillating spring to avoid isochronism loss(es). However, it is a slow beater at 18.000 b/h.

·
Registered
29,076 Posts
They are a good but relatively lesser known brand. I own two and have found them to be of excellent quality for the price.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
This is the one I used to have. Lovely watch and one of the very few that I regret selling. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I found one I liked at the right price.

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
This is the one I used to have. Lovely watch and one of the very few that I regret selling. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I found one I liked at the right price.

Oh, wow GlennO I see why the regret, that's nice!. Hope you find another with your specs. My Ludwig is the only piece I shouldn't have given up so had to purchase another at a 40% price increase from my initial one, no one confuses me with Einstein . . . .

Reactions: GlennO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys thank you for all the helpful info. Appreciated. One more question how do u guys think of Peter speake Marin? I saw some of their watches on website it's looks beautiful, flair but gentle and classic to me... The more I look the more I love...

·
Moderator at Large
53,068 Posts
Guys thank you for all the helpful info. Appreciated. One more question how do u guys think of Peter speake Marin? I saw some of their watches on website it's looks beautiful, flair but gentle and classic to me... The more I look the more I love...
Well, PSM is another class. He is a AHCI member and his watches are top notch, exclusive (small runs). In no way to be compared with a Armand Nicolet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts