WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I’ve seen some pics of the Griffy where the display is darker. I wonder, is it always on but the button illuminates it? Is one button to illuminate and the other to set?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm also curious as to there being no visible : between the digits, as shown in other photos. Doesn't really look like room for it either.

Regardless, it looks pretty cool. Will be interesting to see in person.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,645 Posts

Cool little watch. I bought it as a curiosity, not even sure it will go into regular rotation.

Resting state is blank screen. Top button activates display. The : blinks, so some shots will show it, some won't. The display does end up being a little fuzzy around the edges but at least it's large... Bottom button activates adjustment mode. Can be set for 24hr time, year, date, and seconds hack. Display shows time and can be cycled through date and seconds displays.

Measurements:
Width w/o button, 9-3: 35mm
Top to bottom, 12-6: 39mm
Thickness: 10mm
Lug width: 16mm

Bracelet is a cheap, folded affair, with adjustable clasp (no need to remove links); no micro-adjust, but short links means it will probably adjust close enough. 16mm at lugs, flares out to 20mm at case edge, tapers down to 14mm at clasp.

Cool little conversation piece. I wanted glowing digital and this seems like a step up from Skmei just for the "heritage" factor.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
View attachment 15478221

View attachment 15478222

View attachment 15478224

View attachment 15478228

Cool little watch. I bought it as a curiosity, not even sure it will go into regular rotation.

Resting state is blank screen. Top button activates display. The : blinks, so some shots will show it, some won't. The display does end up being a little fuzzy around the edges but at least it's large... Bottom button activates adjustment mode. Can be set for 24hr time, year, date, and seconds hack. Display shows time and can be cycled through date and seconds displays.

Measurements:
Width w/o button, 9-3: 35mm
Top to bottom, 12-6: 39mm
Thickness: 10mm
Lug width: 16mm

Bracelet is a cheap, folded affair, with adjustable clasp (no need to remove links); no micro-adjust, but short links means it will probably adjust close enough. 16mm at lugs, flares out to 20mm at case edge, tapers down to 14mm at clasp.

Cool little conversation piece. I wanted glowing digital and this seems like a step up from Skmei just for the "heritage" factor.
Nice bro. 👍

How's the back case look like? Can share a pic? 🙏

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Reactions: mconlonx

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did a knee jerk purchase last night on this one. I really dig the red LED and retro design . Reminds me of my 1970’s Texas Instruments Novus 850 calculator. Should have it by next week . I got it direct from Armitron. With a discount code $44 bucks .

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
That bracelet looks like a hair puller.
That's my thought, too, but didn't even try it on. .

I did a knee jerk purchase last night on this one. I really dig the red LED and retro design . Reminds me of my 1970’s Texas Instruments Novus 850 calculator. Should have it by next week . I got it direct from Armitron. With a discount code $44 bucks .
Same here, but shipping bumped it back up to $49, total.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Initial impressions are quite good. They did a great job Keeping it a vintage appropriate size. If you didn't know better, it could pass for looking like a NOS model from the 70's, especially when not illuminated.

The digits are large and bright and stay illuminated for about 5 seconds. They are more crisp than they appear in photos. Functionality with 12/24 hr time, month/date calender, and running seconds is about all you could ask for from a watch like this.

The case finishing is surprisingly good for the price. It's all brushed except for the curved edges on the sides, which nicely enhance the look. And it's very impressive that the case is stainless steel.

The bracelet is quite flimsy, as expected. Very similar to what you'd find on many Casio models. However, it is comfortable, and I have not noticed any hair pulling. It suits the watch well.

Battery life and module life expectancy are unknown, but it's a lot less of a gamble than a vintage model.

Overall, I'd say if you always liked the idea of an old school LED watch, but didn't want to go vintage or spend $750 for a Hamilton PSR, this should scratch that itch for you.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I was curious about the battery, so opened it up. The caseback has a good notch for prying it open easily. However, I needed to use my press to get it back on.

It uses a CR2032, which should provide respectable battery life, depending on use.

No visible markings on the module, other than made in China. I do like that it's held together with screws instead of plastic clips.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Damn, you made me want one ... like now! 😂

21 - 40 of 135 Posts