WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
How about checking the barcode with one of the many apps around for smartphones or tablets? Unfortunately, the only sensible information is cut off in the image and the label itself might hide the maker like 'manufactured by ...'

In any case, nothing really exiting. 'International quality' is total nonsense and could only be found on affordable products. Aligator embossed pig skin or alike. Perhaps, there is a hint inside the band.

All in all, I assume that the thing is not in your posession and that these are images from a seller on eBay etc.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Pty Ltd (proprietary limited) indicates an Australian company

ETA: lol, which is where I see you are :)

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
So, it's already yours.

This link will give you further leads, at least to the manufacturer/importer/distributor (here, the patent for another name):

https://www.trademarkia.com/au/trademark-508888.htm

No doubt Australian and I correct myself to C-R-O-C-O-D-I-L-E (not aligator!) embossed pig skin. I have many of those myself, always cheaper and very often more comfortable and, last but not least, not an 'endless keep' of an expensive thing, collecting gunk until it falls apart.

Whatever, the glue they are using is good stuff.

And here is a little more about the PermaWeld finish:

https://www.buyinsulationproductstore.com/pvc-permaweld-liquid-adhesive/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Border for that. Google brought up stuff all on this company. So they are an Aussie brand. Thanks again. And yes I got about 20 various sizes from an online auction.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Thanks Border for that. Google brought up stuff all on this company. So they are an Aussie brand. Thanks again. And yes I got about 20 various sizes from an online auction.
I do the same thing and I am always on the lookout for larger quantities of wristbands sold in lots. Although you might not use more than 25% of them, in the end you can puchase average or good quality for a song, calculated for an indivudal piece. I always have them handy when I want to give a newly acquired vintage watch a new band. I can also keep original bands unused this way.

And these 'pig skin' bands (or similar products) are usually very comfortable right from the start, but might not last as long as upper quality, but the tendency with the latter is, that you keep them too long with all the gunk and dirt accumulated.

A new band is like new underwear, which you should always change more often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts