WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I recall reading from somewhere that he can easily wear those big Panerai's -- there's one at 60mm IIRC. With his build, I won't be surprised if he was wearing a 55mm Laco. Cheers

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Nice spotting! I'll look for that particular issue on the magazine racks. It sure looks like a Laco 55 mm B-Uhr on his wrist; those lugs are unmistakable. I've seen images of him wearing an IWC Big Pilot in the past, so I'd love to hear the back story of how he ended up with a Laco.

Schwarzenegger Laco Zoom.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your kind welcome! After looking at the photo again, the watch is indeed a 55 mm which is quite different from the 45 mm. His arm is truly massive if he can make a 55 mm watch look normal sized. Now I wonder if it is a vintage B uhr or modern?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'd be surprised if it was an original. He does really like oversized watches, so I can see how he ended up with a Laco, but I don't know that his horological interest reaches toward vintage timepieces. Here's another photo of him with what might also be a Laco - but it's hard to tell. If it is a Laco 55 mm then what's interesting about it is the strap. Dual rivets as you would expect, but not a Laco original style strap.

Schwarzenegger Laco 3.JPG Schwarzenegger Laco 2.JPG

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Pretty cool! Arnold can rock that 55mm, no problem!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The colour of the lume material indicates it is a new Laco.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I wonder which watch he is wearing on the set of the latest movie he is in?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
OK, yesterday I bought the latest CHRONOS magazine in Germany. There is a interview with Mr.Schwarzenegger and a picture of his collection. On the bottom-right corner of this Audemars Piguette dominated crowd face down is a Laco watch ("Laco by Lacher" engraved on the rotor). The watch is a limited to 500 pieces. No speculation that he has at least one watch from the brand.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
What a disappointing way, especially for a watch publication, to display someone's collection. Is there any mention in the article itself of the Laco?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What a disappointing way, especially for a watch publication, to display someone's collection. Is there any mention in the article itself of the Laco?
..... they are kind of displayed in a jumbled mess aren't they?...but i suspect that's how Arnie buys his 15000$ watches...by the fistfull.....'which AP royal oak will it be Mr Schwarzenegger??...we have 17 models'.........'All.' .....:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
OK, yesterday I bought the latest CHRONOS magazine in Germany. There is a interview with Mr.Schwarzenegger and a picture of his collection. On the bottom-right corner of this Audemars Piguette dominated crowd face down is a Laco watch ("Laco by Lacher" engraved on the rotor). The watch is a limited to 500 pieces. No speculation that he has at least one watch from the brand.
Maybe he has a collection of them ;-)

maybe he´d also like to buy mine, I´ll let him make me an offer :)
https://www.watchuseek.com/f8/laco-lacher-co-pforzheim-fl-23883-fliegeruhr-380182-post2843912.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts