WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I've been looking at everyone's UTS's for months now, and my resolve was always weakening. All of you UTS fans finally got me to pull the trigger on this one, and I'm looking forward to more in the future. I love tool watches on straps, but offered the choice of the mesh over the bracelet, I bit...and WOW this 5mm mesh is something else! :p:p:p

I've only bought a couple of watches "new" and this was one of them. The entire experience with Stephen at UTS was just super. I couldn't offer a higher recommendation :-! This is truly one of the benefits of a community like this one - we get exposed to new things and it's a fun adventure.

I can't wait to size the mesh, but here are a few Q&D shots.....The heat index for Sunday is forecast for 105-110 degrees. I imagine after I peel off all of the vestments on Sunday i will take this into the cold Atlantic to cool off. Ahhhhhhhhhhh b-)b-)

new color Pelican -- very blue

left the plastic on the mesh so when I resize it I won't scratch it
Holy ravioli :-!:-! This whole set up is going to look great! :p

Slapped on the wonderful vanilla scented OEM rubber

WOW and double WOW...blued screws...just beautiful, and tough...behind all of that simplicity on the dial, is this wonderful complexity....b-)

More thoughts later

Thanks for looking !!

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian ;-)

I think you rock too, especially when you're off bonefishing in the Bahamas :p:p:p |>|>|>

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
beautiful watch Liz. simple dial, the movement looks great and the mesh is top notch. congrats on the uts.|>

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
look at you, a new UTS, it looks quite nice!

I've been chatting with Stephen about one, but cannot determine if I'll have the same problem with the bracelet (hanging at a weird angle) as does the Seal. The UTS hooded lugs seem to hang out there a bit, for a small wrist like mine. Their gray dialed watches are really handsome.

Do they provide a hex wrench for those caseback hex bolts?

Enjoy the new piece!
David Woo

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Congrats Liz; what a fantastic watch and great pictures to go along with it!! My UTS Bauhaus was just delivered to me here at work, and I have to say it's very impressive. I love the way it almost looks like a functional piece of minimalist art on your wrist, sort of like a retro-modern piece of steel. What's funny is I didn't realize there were blue screws in the watch until I saw your pictures; checked the back of mine, and lo and behold, blue screws!! I went with the SS bracelet, but your mesh looks awesome; almost makes me wish I would have went that route!! Lastly, your comments about Stephen are right on the money; he's a great guy to deal with, and is always more than willing to answer any questions.

Great acquisition Liz!!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Oh man, what a beauty! I am trying to resist buying one of these and you're not making it any easier. :)

David, you will not have the same problem as the Kobold Seal. I know exactly what you're talking about and these are fine on a smaller wrist like mine so I'm sure it would work for you.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Liz, how about a lume shot?

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peter

Camera not with me right now...lume shot later (Saturday). So --- UTS Bauhaus bros Bloom & Glen...anyone else get the mesh?

Let's see some shots of yours :-! Post 'em

·
Registered
390 Posts
Wow! That's nice. I really don't have any more accolades. I want one.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Wow, Liz that's just gorgeous. with posts like yours and others here, I really feel like I've been missing out on some UTS action myself and will eventually cave in too. Big congrats, Liz and as always full marks for the stunning pics! :-!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
That looks great Liz!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Great pickup Liz - that mesh is a great match for that watch. Thanks for posting pics.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Very interesting. Like the dial, not sure about the bezel and love the mesh. The caseback and decoration is nice also. Certainly, like the overall style and look. I found the hour and minute hands being different pretty cool also.

Nice pickup and congrats.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, Liz that's just gorgeous. with posts like yours and others here, I really feel like I've been missing out on some UTS action myself and will eventually cave in too. Big congrats, Liz and as always full marks for the stunning pics! :-!
Lex- I can see you with the 3000m, given your love of the "ultimates" b-)

That looks great Liz!
Congratulations!
Thanks John- the dial markers are a lot like the Sea Dweller's :-!

Great pickup Liz - that mesh is a great match for that watch. Thanks for posting pics.
Eric- the mesh is amazing and I'm pretty sure you can wear it on any 22mm watch. Also no "brand name" sig in the clasp. It's available from UTS

Very interesting. Like the dial, not sure about the bezel and love the mesh. The caseback and decoration is nice also. Certainly, like the overall style and look. I found the hour and minute hands being different pretty cool also.

Nice pickup and congrats.
Thanks; of all of the design elements, the bezel on the 1000m is a weak link, and that's an opinion shared by several here. I'm even thinking of switching it out to a PVD bezel or having it polished....one or the other.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts