WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Today my Orient arrived. It's very rarely seen on the net - in fact I can only remember to have seen it presented by once (in fact on this forum).

I addition to this I have four other great Orients also (all acquired in 2010 - since I have only been aware of this great brand for a month or so).
To check'em out, see this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=355489

First impressions are great! Only thing I can put my finger on is the push deployment on the clasp, which has somewhat sharp edges - but I guess one get used to it.
The watch will not likely be a everyday watch since it's a quite dressy looking.

This is it

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oooh. Very nice indeed. I have a the rectangular racing inspired skeleton one and its very similar but more sporty than dressy. But wow. Maybe I should also get the one you got as a dress watch. Did it come from Orient USA or is it only a Japan model. I've never seen it before.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh. Very nice indeed. I have a the rectangular racing inspired skeleton one and its very similar but more sporty than dressy. But wow. Maybe I should also get the one you got as a dress watch. Did it come from Orient USA or is it only a Japan model. I've never seen it before.
Hi. Nice to hear you liked it :)

I think this is a USA watch. At least you can find it right here
http://orientwatchusa.com/watch.php?id=169

I picked it up on eBay, as with my other Orients for $224 delivered, no taxes (seller watches59).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oh wow! Orient USA definitely needs to use real pictures instead of their compuer generated ones. It looks soooo much better in person I didn't even recognize it from the site.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Oh wow! Orient USA definitely needs to use real pictures instead of their compuer generated ones. It looks soooo much better in person I didn't even recognize it from the site.
Looks wonderful. Congratulations!. Totally agree about the pics, Those computer generated pics do nothing to sell this nice looking watch.
:-!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys :)
Regarding the pictures, this watch is far from the only that looks much better in real life than on the stock Orient images.
The blue Mako, e.g, not to mention the World Time CFA05001B.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking watch. After reading your review and pictures, I couldn't resist and ordered it from Amazon.
I have a question for you. Do you know whether the crystal on this model (CFHAA004W) is mineral or saphire crystal? The "official" orient USA website says it's mineral, but most online web stores (including some reputable ones) advertise it as saphire. So which one is right?

Thanks for the review.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts