WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GW-M5625 came in today, very fast from CA especially considering that it was sent 1st class.

Initial Impressions

1. The display/face looks great. There is gold/purple/white/black...a very "rich" looking face when compared to my 5600J.

2. The opaque white.... May not be a daily wearer but that's fine, I'll like the Rising white more. In certain situations it's nearly clear where you just see skin under it.

3. The 3063 module is one of the latest and greatest to go in the 5*00 series G's.

4. The resin seems a bit more "pliable" than others making for a comfortable feel.

5. No complaints besides the opaque white isn't as nice as I was hoping..perhaps stick it in a M5600 bezel/strap?? But aren't they back ordered anyway??

Pics

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Looks great! Congrats!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Another great G Nick :-! whats on your list next. btw when these were first introduced we thought it was going to be a screwback. a lot of wus were not happy when they found out it was resin case. can you compair this one and the GW5525 are the module faces simular :) If you dont like the bezel strap let me know ;-)

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bud, the 5525 is a bit different.

The display is a bit more clear on the 5625 and the solar cells appear more purple than black on the 5625 and with the gold going around it looks really good.

Well, if I were to put this in another strap/bezel I'd keep the original in a box somewhere safe to try and prevent discoloration.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Looks good, I like the gold case back. And the clear straps don't really bother me as much I think they do you. I kind of like them.

Where's the purple you mentioned on the display?

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ben, the strap is OK but I thought it'd have more of a marbled look to them. The purple is the solar cells. They appear more purple than black as on the 5525 I have. You can see it a little bit in the 1st and last picture. It isn't pronounced but when light hits it, it appears purple.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Very nice Nick. Another one that you'll hardly notice is on the wrist.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Hey Ben, the strap is OK but I thought it'd have more of a marbled look to them. The purple is the solar cells. They appear more purple than black as on the 5525 I have. You can see it a little bit in the 1st and last picture. It isn't pronounced but when light hits it, it appears purple.
Nice, nice. Either way, I think the watch looks great - I've actually been shopping for a white/clear G-Shock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts