WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love the Omega seamaster collection, especially the arrow hands. Unfortunately they are way out of my price range for the moment. I have a small wrist so big watches like the Seiko Prospex series are too big for me, and I haven’t been able to find any other brands that use arrow hands. Anyone know of a good smaller dive watch that use arrow hands? Ideally, I'm looking for something sub $1,000

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I presume the "arrow hands" on something like a Seiko SKX 007/009 are not arrow-like enough or would this fit what you are looking for? I have a 6.5" wrist and they wear OK on me.
9158545430_c1f51dbb82_o.jpg

The Certina DS Action Diver has an arrow hour hand if that fits the bill although it may be too big.
CERTINA%u00252BDS%2BAction%2BDiver%2B02.jpg

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
If you want the Omega style arrow hands but can't afford an Omega how about doing a mod?

(Not my pictures).

I know that Alpha do a Planet Ocean homage that has the arrow hands if you want something that looks close to the original.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somehow I thought the skx were bigger than they are. I hadn't thought of doing a mod- thanks for the suggestions. Those all look nice!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Yeah, I would suggest you go for a modded Seiko SKX, especially with your smaller wrists .

Yobokies has a selection of arrow hand mods.

These are on the Sumo, but also available on SKX 007/009.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
36,381 Posts
Replacing the hands is a very easy and inexpensive mod.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
How does Yobokid work? Do I send him the watch and he modifies it according to my tastes? Or do I buy already modified watches from his inventory?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Borealis has a Seamaster 300 homage in the works right now. All they have so far is renderings, but they should be talking to the factory soon about cost and timeline. The diameter is going to be about 41.5, and they'll have two different dial options, both with date and no date. Head over to the Borealis forum on their website to check out more.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
How does Yobokid work? Do I send him the watch and he modifies it according to my tastes? Or do I buy already modified watches from his inventory?
I've only bought parts from Harold, not a constructed watch. He's really easy and reliable to work with. Check out his photobucket site for all the stuff he carries. Just email him at [email protected] for explanations if specs you need aren't there; he responds quickly. When you want to pull the trigger, he will email you a link to a Paypal invoice that you can prepay with a credit card. He ships fast, in your hands 7-10 days from order. Then take everything to your local watchmaker and you're good to go.

Cheers,
Richard....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I bought a bracelet from Yobokies a couple of years ago and Harold was a gent to deal with.

Likewise, Rob in Welcome at Monsterwatches, crazy about Seiko watches modified a Spork for me - fitted a sapphire crystal and a red seconds hand and was a gent to deal with also. He's based in Holland and also sells some watches which can be modified by him at additional cost before he ships them out. He might be worth investigating also. This is partly a hobby to him so just bear that in mind. He has galleries on the website showing some previous mod's he's done.

Edit: I just clicked the Facebook link on his website and scrolling down on the right hand side there a modded SKX007 with a blue bezel and those Omega-like arrow hands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will Yobokies will assemble the parts or do you need to take them to a jeweler when they arrive? Also does anyone know if the FFF dial fits a skx007 case and/or a skx013 case?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts