WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already in 2018 I introduced Felipe Pikullik here on the German Watches Forum.

Watch Analog watch Light Vision care Black

Felipe Pikullik is a young, talented, sophisticated and very passionate independent watchmaker.
Although Felipe Pikullik is only 26 years old, he already has excellent references. After he completed the watchmaking school in Glashütte/Saxony he worked together with well known German watchmakers like Stefan Kudoke, AHCI aspirant and GPHG award winner, and Rolf Lang in Dresden for about two years.
Especially working together with Stefan Kudoke and Rolf Lang helped him to develop and adapt special skills. At Rolf Lang's studio he was involved in drafting and building the movement of the „Canaletto Skelettuhr (The Canaletto caliber (17 jewels, diameter 37 mm, height 4.8 mm) features a marine chronometer pendulum with 4 weights with 21600 A/h).
When working in Dresden he also met Matthias Köhler, a master engraver who, from 2008-2010, worked at the Dresdner Uhrenmanufaktur Lang & Heyne as „Graveur & Finisseur".

Since 2010 he runs his own business. All engravings on Felipe Pikullik's watches are made by Matthias Köhler (https://www.ornamentundveredelung.de).

All his watches are unique. Felipe Pikullik offers the opportunity to purchase a watch that is will be a unique timepiece with realizing your ideas, your theme, your style and your name. According to Felipe Pikullik everything is possible. Well, quartz is ruled out.

Finally, in 2017 Felipe Pikullik started to manufacture watches of his own by using the traditional manufacturing methods such as sawing with the fretsaw, filing with echappement file and the work at the lathe with the hand cutting chisel.

His small Workshop is located in Berlin Friedrichshain, not far away from the Alexanderplatz. Basically it is a frugal one-room-atelier with some watchmaker table tops attached to the walls.

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Jewellery

[Chronograph, ETA 7750 modified, LE 1/3]

Watch Analog watch Camera accessory Flash photography Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Silver Watch accessory Clock

Almost everything on the movement is done in-house by hand, sawing, filing and grinding. As far as precious jewels (diamonds, green emeralds, rubies) are concerned the setting is also done by Felipe Pikullik. Of course a watch can be had with „simple" handcut index bars as well. The customer decides.

Even the balancing is done by Felipe Pikullik himself. To ensure that every watch works perfect it is not just the physical correctness. A mechanical watch always reacts to different positions. For the best results the balance wheel is balanced out by hand after the finishing process.
Felipe Pikullik's most precious watches are adjusted to 8 positions (!) and doing so he follows Alfred Helwig and Karl Friedrich Giebel. The way he is doing the „reglage" is called „dynamic balancing" and is described in the Helwig/Giebel book „Die Feinstellung der Uhren - Ein Anleitungs- und Nachschlagewerk in 2 Teilen".

For those interested: The book "The fine reglage of watches" is a joint work by Dr. Karl Friedrich Giebel (1879-1950) and Alfred Helwig (1887 to 1974) and was published by „Verlag Technik Berlin in 1952". The book is divided into two parts: a predominantly theoretical part - written by K. Giebel (pages 17 to 187) - and a practical part with work instructions (pages 191 to 587) that A. Helwig wrote.

The way Felipe does the reglage is almost a unique feature you will hardly/not find with watches in the same price range.

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

[ZBM]

Watch Hand Analog watch Azure Silver

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Grey

Engravings, as already mentioned, are sourced out to Matthias Köhler is known for his craftsmenship and knowledge.

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Silver

[Prius Collection - Skeleton on a Staib mesh bracelet]

Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Silver

When I visited Felipe last Sunday he showed me his new models „Sternenhimmel" which he already announced on Instagram (#felipe_pikullik).

The „Sternenhimmel" is available with different dials (black, green, blue, red) and two executions.

Both executions feature an ETA 6497-1 movement, partly cut out by hand, polished by hand, grounded by hand, angled by hand, adjusted by Felipe. The screw heads are polished by hand, the circular sunburst finish on the ratchet wheels is also made by hand.

The basic „Sternenhimmel" comes in a stainless steel case made by Ickler, 41,8mm in diameter, 9,5mm in height, 50mm L2L, brushed with a polished bezel, lug width 20mm.

Brush Watch Gesture Clock Kitchen utensil

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Everyday carry

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Measuring instrument

The case of the other „Sternenhimmel" model is made by Pforzheim based case manufacturer RM Lifestyle (formerly known as RP), 41mm in diameter, height 10,5mm, L2L 52mm, polished, lug width 20mm. The crown features the „FP" logo in a black ceramic inlay.

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Silver

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Font

Watch Analog watch Silver Everyday carry Clock

The models are fitted with either a black or a blue leather strap, matching the dial color. Up to now there's only a stainless steel buckle available, no folding clasp or deployant.

Both models feature sapphire crystals on top and back (screwed display back). The sapphire crystal is slightly domed, thus the additional 1mm in height compared to the basic „Sternenhimmel".
The setting of the gems on both „Sternenhimmel" models is also done by Felipe.

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

The basic model retails for only €900 which imho is unbeatable with regard to what you get for your money.

The slightly more blingy model with vvs diamonds on the dial and lugs will cost €1850.

Did I order one ? Not yet but I surely will in the foreseeable future. It will most likely be a „Sternenhimmel" (basic) with a green dial. I can't let such a bargain go. For €900 it is a bargain.

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

Hope you enjoyed reading.

·
Premium Member
39,645 Posts
Very unique. The basic clean dials are very attractive. Great pictures as always.

And like you stated, at that price it would certainly be a great deal, given the amount of time and effort that appears to go into making one.

Very nice.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very unique. The basic clean dials are very attractive. Great pictures as always.
Thank you. I am currently discussing a „Sternenhimmel" with an emerald green dial in a RM Lifestyle case and applied bar indexes in white gold plus white gold hands. No gems though.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I am currently discussing a „Sternenhimmel" with an emerald green dial in a RM Lifestyle case and applied bar indexes in white gold plus white gold hands. No gems though.
We are a step further. RM Lifestyle confirmed a delivery date for another small batch of cases in October. Dial is going to be blue. Felipe will do bar indexes. Applied white gold or polished stainless steel bars will look better on a dark blue dial. We are now discussing whether the bars should be filled with two or three small diamonds, like you see them on 1940s Longines for example. Discussion will continue when I am back from vaction,then Felipe and I will sit down and create a first draft on paper.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've been in touch with Felipe regarding a ZBM to be delivered in November. I've requested some small changes from the pictured design, namely blued hands, perlage on the main plate, and an engraved balance cock. As Felipe mentioned these will make the watch a piece unique. I'm looking forward to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts