WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Artic Diver with Date Window or Not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all...

Time for a poll! I have been trying to pickup an LSD for quit some time and no luck. I just caught the special pricing for the Artic Diver and decided that I will place an order being as its the only Kobold I can afford brand new. LOL!

A little help deciding on wether to order the AD with a Date Window or Not? Thoughts...

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I think no date dials are much cleaner looking and more estically pleasing, but day to day, I need a date window for it to be functional since I do not have the brain power to remember what day it is....

·
Registered
91 Posts
If I were buying one I would get the date.

Also, if you aren't tickled by the AD do yourself a favor and wait until you can afford the watch you prefer. Please don't be fooled by the (very effective) marketing strategy into buying a piece you don't really want.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I am in the no date vote. I think clean dials like this, the LSD, the Seal, just are better looking without the "clutter" of a date window. I also rarely am somewhere where a date cant' be found if absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The thing that drew me to the AD was it's simplicity. No date a must in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rimcroy ...

I voted for the date ... but it's obviously your call. Like Obie, I need day/date info on my wrist ... can't carry a cell 24/7. If this is your 'all day - every day' watch then I'd suggest going with the date. If it's a special occasion watch and you're comfortable getting your date info elsewhere, then certainly consider going with the cleaner face approach. Regardless of your decision, be sure and let us know what you decide and post pictures when you receive your watch!

Regards From Colorado,

Tony

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. After reviewing the LSD with and without the Date window I am leaning for the no date but I have a few more days to think on it....

Now time to go find something nice for the Misses so she cant say a whole lot when the package arrives :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anyone know what color the date window will be? Black background w/ white number or vice versa?

When I ordered mine WAAAAY back in January :-d I had asked what position the date will be in. They told me that it will be at the "4". Thought I would share that.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I opted for NO DATE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts