WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Nobody needs watches - they are jewelry and people want them. but not need them (professional usage excepted).

That said this is one of the poorer lists I've seen - maybe 2-3 at most are of interest. Every fashion magazine, finance blog, and so on is now coming up with lists - usually meaningless and uneducated lists - but seems like people like lists:
10 watches you can't live without
5 best cars to pick up women
12 hottest stocks poised to grow
7 best pizza places
Whenever I see one of these titles - it's a good bet that list is going to be piss-poor, author will have little knowledge of the subject, and my PC will be inundated w popup ads.

·
Sponsor
11,957 Posts
Nobody needs watches - they are jewelry and people want them. but not need them (professional usage excepted).

That said this is one of the poorer lists I've seen - maybe 2-3 at most are of interest. Every fashion magazine, finance blog, and so on is now coming up with lists - usually meaningless and uneducated lists - but seems like people like lists:
10 watches you can't live without
5 best cars to pick up women
12 hottest stocks poised to grow
7 best pizza places
Whenever I see one of these titles - it's a good bet that list is going to be piss-poor, author will have little knowledge of the subject, and my PC will be inundated w popup ads.
You have to think about where these articles are coming from to understand the quality. Most of these "top 10s" are written by the hundred in article factories overseas, for the sole purpose of generating traffic into websites. For the most part, these are not written by experts. These people are paid by the article. I have a friend in asia who has this sort of job, working from home. An assignment would be like "write 100 articles about cosmetics". And you know what, writing creatively is hard. It's easier to just jot down a list of stuff.

·
Registered
29,601 Posts
my level of interest in watches dies a little after looking at that list. As above about 3 are maybes

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
My God, what a piece of tripe. I hope they'll soon find the cure for whatever ails the writer of this thing.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I wonder if the author just randomly picked 13 watches to write about, if he is that lost, or if he is a world class troll...

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
The list seems random and disconnected from the title... Watches every man must own? They've got a total MSRP of $106,275.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Bremont, Breitling and Longines are nice, the rest ......
Still these 3 wouldn't be on my list!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
what an awful list. I have the feeling the author may have just done a price search on watches and picked out a few here and there in various price points.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts