WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, another newbie question - anyone ever heard of "Aseikon"? I have one with a Petrodvoretz 2609A movement, but I'm assuming it doesn't belong there....

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,407 Posts
Sorry, another newbie question - anyone ever heard of "Aseikon"? I have one with a Petrodvoretz 2609A movement, but I'm assuming it doesn't belong there....
Possibly it does belong. No guarantees, but it is entirely plausible. Aseikon was a Hong Kong brand of low grade watch (scratch off the A and N and you could sell it as a SEIKO :rodekaart). These kind of watches in the 1970s generally used low-grade Swiss movements, however when quartz digitals killed the market for cheap Swiss mechanicals, the Hong Kong manufacturers briefly turned to the USSR for movements (and inadvertently moved up to higher grade of watch as a result). Not long after that China opened up its economy and increased trade with Hong Kong and the watchmakers switched to China for mechanical movements. Various Hong Kong watch brands can be found with Soviet movements from the mid- 1980s. I have a 'Michel Rene' pocket watch that I bought in 1985. The movement is by Poljot, the case is by Swiss Metal Ware, Hong Kong.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chascomm, and many thanks for that answer. It looks 80's, and everything seems to "fit", so maybe it's authentic. Cheers, Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts