WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this movement? Apparently it runs at 28800BPH, but that is really all I can find.

Anyone know anything about its quality or accuracy?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, would a watch with this movement be considered much higher quality than a Japanese OS 10 quartz movement?

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,163 Posts
Also, would a watch with this movement be considered much higher quality than a Japanese OS 10 quartz movement?

Thanks
Miyota OS chronos are a dime a dozen because they are cheap and dependable. They can be had in watches costing as little as $50. If you want a beater with chrono function, get something with an OS inside.

And automatic chronograph is a completely different proposition. It's big, heavy, relatively delicate, you have to check that the time is set and it's still ticking whenever you strap it on and it won't keep time as well as a quartz. That's true of any 7750, whether it's made by ETA, Shanghai or Liaoning. And yet people still want them because it's mechanical. It's a watch to enjoy, not just something to strap on and forget.

As regards the Chinese-built 28,800bph 7750-clone, there are 2 possibilities; Shanghai or Liaoning. Shanghai is definitely the one to go for. Liaoning's 21,600bph version seems to be OK too, but I wouldn't be so confident of their 28,800. If you can show us a picture of the movement of the watch you're interested in, then I might be able to tell you who made it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Chascomm,
Please tell us names and links to sites that sell watches with those movements in the States!
Only watch that I know of that fits the bill is sold out and it was a great bargin, (Prometheus CR-1).
One other but thats no longer available either, similar to CR-1 without day only date and not of same build quality (a discontinued Ticino chrono).

Thanks,
Rafael

·
19,163 Posts
Chascomm,
Please tell us names and links to sites that sell watches with those movements in the States!
Only watch that I know of that fits the bill is sold out and it was a great bargin, (Prometheus CR-1).
One other but thats no longer available either, similar to CR-1 without day only date and not of same build quality (a discontinued Ticino chrono).

Thanks,
Rafael
Trias, and any other brand from that group (Elysee etc), use the Liaoning 21,600bph in their auto chronos. Also Aeromatic I think used that same movement in one of their watches.

I don't know of any brands currently using the Shanghai 3L apart from, of course, Shanghai.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I don't know of any brands currently using the Shanghai 3L apart from, of course, Shanghai.
The 28,800 3L?

I know a bunch, and they like to use the OS 10 as well.

But, you can't post pictures or talk about them here....

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
The only ones I can recommend is the Ticino (Liaoning 21,600bph) and Prometheus (Shanghai 3L 28,800bph) but as you already know they are out of stock.

Every once in a while these pop up on the sales forum. good luck!

cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Miyota OS chronos are a dime a dozen because they are cheap and dependable. They can be had in watches costing as little as $50. If you want a beater with chrono function, get something with an OS inside.

And automatic chronograph is a completely different proposition. It's big, heavy, relatively delicate, you have to check that the time is set and it's still ticking whenever you strap it on and it won't keep time as well as a quartz. That's true of any 7750, whether it's made by ETA, Shanghai or Liaoning. And yet people still want them because it's mechanical. It's a watch to enjoy, not just something to strap on and forget.

As regards the Chinese-built 28,800bph 7750-clone, there are 2 possibilities; Shanghai or Liaoning. Shanghai is definitely the one to go for. Liaoning's 21,600bph version seems to be OK too, but I wouldn't be so confident of their 28,800. If you can show us a picture of the movement of the watch you're interested in, then I might be able to tell you who made it.

Here is a pic of the movement in question:

·
19,163 Posts
Sorry. Busy day yesterday.

That's a Shanghai 3L. If it's in a legitimate brand then you'll do well with that one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had the Liaoning 28,800bph, but that didn't seem superaccurate for me. Especially when using the chronograph the time could lose minutes at once. I'm still dying to get a CR1..

·
19,163 Posts
Could you please tell me what movement is this?
Thank you in advance!;-)
That's the Liaoning chronograph. Compare the shockproofing device with the one in the other picture.

Also notice the fine adjustment device on the regulator. That is not actually functional according to my watchmaker.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
That's the Liaoning chronograph. Compare the shockproofing device with the one in the other picture.

Also notice the fine adjustment device on the regulator. That is not actually functional according to my watchmaker.
Yes, I have noticed the shockproofing device being the more expensive one, but according to above provided info, that does not help much, as this movement is worse than Shanghai, if I understand it correctly... :think:

Thanks for the info! :-!

·
Registered
402 Posts
OK great, I guess I'll pick it up then!
Starchyy,
Where oh where are you going to pick it up?
link? Would also love to get my hands on one.
I missed out on the CR-1 and the Ticino, (too late in the game)
If you can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

...In addition, Thanks Chascomm and Gigfy, as always you two are there with good info!

Rafael

·
Registered
919 Posts
FYI i have a Ticino and it has stopped working for the third time in the 18 months i have had it and i do not think i will send it back this time. What a big wast of money.:rodekaart

1 - 20 of 27 Posts