WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 727 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of months I've been making strides in getting my girlfriend to like and appreciate watches. Maybe not obsess over them like I do, but a good healthy interest. Well, fellas, my work has been paying off.

At first, she was like, "Well, I had a watch once, but it was sporty and on some kind of fabric. I like the ones on fabric." Through some inquiry I found out she meant canvas straps and she also really likes when I wear my watches on a Nato.

Got her wearing my SNK809 as it's the only one of my watches that fits her wrist. She loves wearing it on a perlon strap. She's also told me how she now catches herself staring at the watch and thinking about how cool it looks. She also finds herself judging the watches of her co-workers who all wear fashion type brands.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. I get a big kick listening to her opinions on the pictures of watches I show her. The WRUW threads are always good for a laugh.

For starters, she doesn't particularly like watches on bracelets. I wouldn't quite say that she hates watches on bracelets, but it's close.

Divers... Oh, she rarely has anything nice to say about divers, specifically the black dialed with a black bezel variety we're all so familiar with. I haven't asked her opinion on the Submariner (a Watch I like a lot) but I don't think it would be good. A black dialed watch with a black bezel on a bracelet? 3 strikes and you out for her.

Oddly enough though, this particular day I showed her three different Deep Blue models and she thought all of them were pretty cool. One had a blue dial with a blue bezel (she didn't like blue silicone strap it was on), one had a white dial with black bezel (she looked passed the bracelet) and one was orange dialed with a black bezel (also looked passed the bracelet).

Showed her an Omega Seamaster Professional...

She thought it was ugly. Not a fan of the scalloped bezel.

Oh, here's the kicker. I showed her a picture of an AP, a watch I think is beautiful...

"That is ugly. I like the face, the pattern on it, but the rest of it is ugly. Who wasted their time designing that? It's like a girl that has a really great personality." ROFLMAO!!!

(Pics borrowed from Google searches)

Well guys, I open it up to you... Leave a picture of your favorite watch and let's see what she says about it. She's still learning, but we're basing this only on looks. I at least get a kick out of her opinions, maybe you will also.

Just so you don't think I'm trying to roast you guys, she lets me know which of my watches she likes and which she thinks are ugly. If I can take it, I'm sure you can also.

She finds the SARB017 gorgeous and loves the compass feature (She's a hiker). She wanted to get it but it might be slightly too big for her. Again, the size of the SNK809 is perfect for her.

This should be fun.

·
Premium Member
21,877 Posts
What does she think about the Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J?

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright guys, give me some time to gather her opinions on these.

Thanks for playing along. I really think this will be fun.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seiko Belmatic...

Her exact words: "At first, the gold on that was a bit much for me. I've never liked gold on anything really. Much too 'bling' for me. But that strap I really like. Makes me actually forget the gold inside. Seiko, I'm starting to think I'm going to really like their designs. Simple is nice. What's that red strip at the bottom? That strap is really cool man. That strap is really cool man. Looks bulky, but guess the bulkiness offsets the gold bling look."

Let her know that is a bund strap.

1 - 20 of 727 Posts