WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday night Askania presented their "Quadriga 2007" at Berlin. The "Quadriga 2007" will be limited to 136 pieces. As you may know "Quadrig" refers to the Bandenburger Tor.

Some specs:

Reference : QUA-751
Movement: Askania 4068 (don´t know the basemovement) with column wheel, handwinding, 19 jewels, 21.600 b/h, power reserve 40 h
Case:sianless steel 316 L, polished, sapphire crystal on topand back, wr to 50m
Strap: leather with deployant clasp
Retail: 3.495,-- €

Attached pic by firmenpresse.de / Askania

Attachments

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Great looking chronograph. I am going to assume the base movement is probably the Seagull ST-19 and that is a lot of money for the movement. If they are using some old stock Venus movement, then I could understand the price.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The hands on this Elysee, which has the Seagull movement, are really similar. It seems these are the same hands, different color, that are on my Seagull.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking chronograph. I am going to assume the base movement is probably the Seagull ST-19 and that is a lot of money for the movement. If they are using some old stock Venus movement, then I could understand the price.
ST-19, exactly my thoughts too. I´ll try to check at the Askania flagship store on Friday.

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,767 Posts
Definately appears to be Seagull movement.

That being the case, 3,495 Euros?

Not surprised since I think all Askania watches are over priced.

It's a pity that people will actually buy Askania if they were priced right.

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I look forward to your update about this watch. Askania has some cool designs, but they need to rethink their pricing, especially if they are using the Seagull movement.

Come to think of it, the case is very similar to the one from China. Everything seems the same except for the crown.

I am not too sure how much of that watch, except for the crown and dial are from Germany.:think::think:

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I look forward to your update about this watch. Askania has some cool designs, but they need to rethink their pricing, especially if they are using the Seagull movement.

Come to think of it, the case is very similar to the one from China. Everything seems the same except for the crown.

I am not too sure how much of that watch, except for the crown and dial are from Germany.:think::think:
Good eye Todd.
That would be the watch fraud of the decade if they're charging 3500 euros for a Seagull. :-s

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good eye Todd.
That would be the watch fraud of the decade if they're charging 3500 euros for a Seagull. :-s
Well, they stuttered something like it´s an old stock Venus movement but the person I spoke too didn´t know exactly what Venus movement. Now I am really curious to see the watch :think:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I totally agree. I keep going back between my watch and this one and even the hands seem to be the same except for the color.

If this is a Venus movement, then I understand the price.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I´ve seen the watch in the flesh at the Askania Show Room, Berlin, Hakesche Höfe. I have to admit I am not sure what I have seen. Here´s why:

The watch is quite expensive but the movement doesn´t show any decoration or features to justify the price. No screw balance, no swan neck fine adjustment, just an intimation of Geneva Stripes and blued screws.Not to compare with the Maurice Lacroix ML 36 movement

we had shown here on WUS and not to compare with the Jacques Etoile Venus Metropolis

According to the sources I found the (real) Venus 175 had 17 jewels and 18.000 b/h, the Seagull ST 19 has 19 jewels (19 zuan) and beats at a rate of 21.600 b/h (which is identical to the description I read today when visiting the Askania Show Room).

This makes me :think::think::think::think:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
That certainly seems like the Seagull ST19.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That certainly seems like the Seagull ST19.
That´s exactly what I do not hope. I mailed Askania. let´s wait and see. BTW: Looking at the Quadriga 2007 in the flesh it looked like Poljot.:roll:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I hope not either, but the imitation stripes are on the Seagull movement. It is eerie that the specs for the movement are identical to the Seagull movement. It would be cool if they posted a picture of the movement. This seems like the same movement as the Gematic used in Riedenschild watches, except the Gematic movement has more jewels.

I know you have had a couple of Seagulls with the ST19 movement Mike. Did you feel that the movement in the Askania was similar to the Seagull chronographs you have had?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know you have had a couple of Seagulls with the ST19 movement Mike. Did you feel that the movement in the Askania was similar to the Seagull chronographs you have had?
That´s exactly the problem, the ST-19 is a copy clone of the Venus 175 so I can´t say what I have seen.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Either they are busy or avoiding the topic.:-d:-d

1 - 20 of 44 Posts