WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've had these two watches for yonks (previously owned by a relative) and I've decided, now that I've come across them (again) during a clear out/tidy up, to try and find out about them. They were bought in Spain, I think. I've had a look around the internet and not found anything, as a person that doesn't normally search about the internet for watch information. Any information would be much appreciated - can someone on here help?

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,166 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek! "Thermidor" was a brand of Jose Gascon, registered in 1962 in Madrid, Spain but there was also a "Thermidor" brand registered to Sandoz & Breitmeyer in La Chaux de Fonds in Switzerland. In view of the watch having been bought in Spain but also fo the "Swiss made" on the dial, it might be either.

"Exactus" was a brand of H. Vuilleumier & Cie., registered in 1945, also in La Chaux de Fonds.

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,166 Posts
Who wore them? Depends on their size. Anything up to ca. 25mm case size would have been a ladies' watch. After that, it starts to become unisex. As a further indication, ladies' watches at that time mostly lacked a seconds hand whereas most gents' watches had them (except gold cased, silver dial dress watches for evening wear).

Where would you buy them at that time? Anywhere where you would buy modern watches from. The jeweller/watch vendor. The more common stuff also in the large malls.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts