WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought this early Kobold model directly from the company, but have lost all of the paperwork. Could somebody please help me identify the model? Thank you.

image.jpg

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,125 Posts
77deluxe posted this photo of his Kobold Endurance.
The dial and hands look the same as your watch.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
77deluxe posted this photo of his Kobold Endurance.
The dial and hands look the same as your watch.

Thanks,
rationaltime

Thank you, upon further research I found the following link which confirms that my watch is a variation on the Kobold Endurance theme - and my metal bezel has no engraving. In those days Mike Kobold must have been experimenting with a variety of styles.

Used Kobold Endurance D Chronograph | Crown & Caliber

I still think those early Kobolds, sold online for around $1,000 if my memory is correct, were great watches for that amount of money. The 7750 movements were thoroughly tested, and the cases were made by Sinn. Too bad Mike abandoned that business model and went upscale. I guess there wasn't enough profit or status.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Too bad Mike abandoned that business model and went upscale. I guess there wasn't enough profit or status.
?
What do you mean, too bad?
For the company? Seems to me it's the American way to build a business and make enough profit to live well and expand the business further.
Anything less is communism.

Re-badged Sinns was a start and somewhat natural to then design and manufacture the Soarway case. I'd hate for the company to be still re-badging watches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts