WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new,anyone provide assistance on A Colt Chronograph? Seems as though the chronograph resets to 5 on hours, and 7 on minutes, watch keeps excellent time, otherwise perfect. Any assistance would be great, first Breitling, got off ebay, love the watch, didn't get instructions with it.:thanks

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Hi, I'm new,anyone provide assistance on A Colt Chronograph? Seems as though the chronograph resets to 5 on hours, and 7 on minutes, watch keeps excellent time, otherwise perfect. Any assistance would be great, first Breitling, got off ebay, love the watch, didn't get instructions with it.:thanks
Sounds like it needs a servicing.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Is this a colt with a quartz movement? If so it should have a hand reset routine that is usually described in the owners manual. If its mechanical ejc's advice is the best course of action. I sounds like a gear has slipped.
I forgot that quartzs usually had a hand reset feature. I discovered this when my kid had a similar problem with a Timex. Isn't it nice to know the Colt shares some of the same features of Timex

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Sounds quartz to me. I can't remember the exact procedure, but if you pull the crown out and push the pushers, you can figure out how to zero the registers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds quartz to me. I can't remember the exact procedure, but if you pull the crown out and push the pushers, you can figure out how to zero the registers.
I have tried a few different methods to reset the dials all to no avail, can I determine Quartz or mechanical by the model number?

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I have tried a few different methods to reset the dials all to no avail, can I determine Quartz or mechanical by the model number?

Thanks again
1- It should have Automatic or Quartz on the dial.
2-I believe the Colt Chrono Automatic is Caliber 13 and the Quartz is Caliber 53, these would be the 1st 2 digits of the model # found after the letter (A for steel)
3- I believe the quartz colt had a 2,6,10 subdial arrangement and the Auto had a 6,9,12 sub dial arrangement

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1- It should have Automatic or Quartz on the dial.
2-I believe the Colt Chrono Automatic is Caliber 13 and the Quartz is Caliber 53, these would be the 1st 2 digits of the model # found after the letter (A for steel)
3- I believe the quartz colt had a 2,6,10 subdial arrangement and the Auto had a 6,9,12 sub dial arrangement
It has a 2,6,10 subdial, model # A53035, this means a quartz movement correct? Still the same recommendation for service? Or is this a different reset?

You're help is greatly appreciated:-!
Clint

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
It has a 2,6,10 subdial, model # A53035, this means a quartz movement correct? Still the same recommendation for service? Or is this a different reset?

You're help is greatly appreciated:-!
Clint
It's a quartz.
I'm not familiar with how to proceed with the Breitling quartz.
you can try these:
1- Try the suggestion made earlier in the string, pull the stem and try the pushers to see if the hands reset.
2- Call a Breitling AD or repair center in your area and ask how to proceed
3- Call BUSA in Connecticut 203-762-1180
good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a quartz.
I'm not familiar with how to proceed with the Breitling quartz.
you can try these:
1- Try the suggestion made earlier in the string, pull the stem and try the pushers to see if the hands reset.
2- Call a Breitling AD or repair center in your area and ask how to proceed
3- Call BUSA in Connecticut 203-762-1180
good luck

Thanks again for all your help, will try local AD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a little more adjustments, I have figured out the reset procedures, you were correct in your assesment, combination of pushes on different crown settings

Thanks for your help,

:-!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
After a little more adjustments, I have figured out the reset procedures, you were correct in your assesment, combination of pushes on different crown settings

Thanks for your help,

:-!
Congrats, a good way to start the year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts