WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and hope all is well with everyone. Purchased my first Ball (NEDU) earlier this year and really love the watch. I will be back with the same AD in about a month or so and am looking to expand my collection a bit with the purchase of a casual/dress watch. I am leaning towards a 60 Seconds II. I enjoy the classic styling of the watch and simple design. I have also been looking at the Cannonball and Racer models. I would appreciate any guidance from owners of said models. I anticipate getting a model with a white face and a leather strap. I have never owned a leather strapped watch before but enjoy the look. Thank you ahead of time for your comments and experiences with these models. I genuinely appreciate it.:)

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Not much to go on so a few questions? Since you ask about the 60 Seconds II and the Cannon Ball are you looking for a RR style watch? Next do you want a chronograph? Last you say casual dress, so in Ball speak to me that is a Ell, EMII or one of the dressier Fireman. I see the Trainmaster's as being dress watches. Maybe a Marvelight, a RED Label or a Fireman Victory?

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
I've owned all three (60 Seconds II, Trainmaster Racer and the original Cannonball). The latter two are chronographs, while the 60 Secs is a flash in the past type watch--very different. Of the two chronos, I would vote for the Cannonball--the Racer looks great in pictures, but the chrono second hand stays in position at 12, blocking the date, most of the time. Also, the green hand to me has always looked odd--the whole watch looks more like a stop watch first, then a regular watch second. Both Cannonball (black or silver) look great, I think, and balance the chrono chores better--the question here is, do you really need a Chrono? If so, the Cannonball gets my nod. 60 Secs is an OK watch, but I like the Power Reserve better for that look. All that said, however, if I were getting an "uncomplicated" dress/casual watch, I would probably buy the Trainmaster Cleveland Express (silver dial), or splurge on the Cleveland Express Big Date (black dial). Pay attention also to case sizes--some of these are 41mm, others 43. Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate your opinions. I truly enjoy the classic look of the 60 Seconds II and the design of the numbers. Although a bit busy around the outside of the dial, I enjoy the overall simplicity of the watch. I think like the RR style watches and wouldn't mind a chronograph but don't necessarily need a more complicated movement. Mostly looking to wear it casually and with a long sleeve shirt. The height of the NEDU makes it a bit cumbersome to wear with long sleeves and a coat. I also enjoy the price point of the 60 Seconds II compared to the other models mentioned. I may be answering my own questions!! I guess overall, I am looking for a classic RR watch, simple, to be used as a dress watch or casual without breaking the bank! Thanks for your time and opinions guys!

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
If you want simple then maybe the Trainmaster Legend on a strap. It is a little under the 60Sec. in price. The other option close in price in the TM line is the Eternity. I also stick with my initial list, the Marvelight (would suggest buying on bracelet and add a strap later for all of these), plus the Fireman Victory, Classic, Racer or Racer Classic all fall into your price point. Anyone of them will give you the look you want with a less busy dial.

For a little more if you want to go the other way the price list still lists the black dial version (gen I) of the EMII diver which is a casual watch you can make dressy by putting it on a nice leather or croc strap. Search for some picture from Robrev to see what this combination looks like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here are my recommendations...
Cannonball and Power Reserve are my personal favorites.
Well... I would love to own the Standard Time but not at that price.

Anyway, I own several Ball leather bands. They are good quality, soft, and very comfortable to wear.
Here is a link to their site where you can check out the style/color options that are available.

http://www.ballwatch.com/html5/index.php?option=com_customer_service&task=strap&mid=21

NM3888D_PG-LCJ-WH_dial.jpg
Standard Time.

CM1052D-L3FJ-WH(BK Strap)_dial.jpg
Cannonball

CM1036D-L1J-SL_dial.jpg
Moonlight Special

CM1090C-SJ-WH1BE_dial.jpg
CM1090C-SJ-WHBE_dial.jpg
Ionosphere

NM1056D-S1J-WH_dial.jpg
Power Reserve

NM2026C-S5J-WH_dial.jpg
Ohio 40mm
NM2098C-S3J-SL_dial.jpg
Victory

2014 Price list:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f255/may...cluding-basel-models-1032957.html#post7846555

·
Registered
129 Posts
removed double post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts