WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this watch. Seems a lot of watch for a little amount of money. It was worth a try even if it turns out so-so.

Todd

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got that same watch; it was my 3rd Astbury; I sold the other 2 and don't really wear the 3rd very much; I haven't found a bracelet to fit it yet; they are nice for the low cost; my guess they're asian!

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got that same watch; it was my 3rd Astbury; I sold the other 2 and don't really wear the 3rd very much; I haven't found a bracelet to fit it yet; they are nice for the low cost; my guess they're asian!
I wasn't really looking for a bracelet anyway. My Breitling B-2 bracelet stays in the drawer most of the time replaced by a calf skin strap. Is this a true moonphase or does it just show night and day?

Todd

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I wasn't really looking for a bracelet anyway. My Breitling B-2 bracelet stays in the drawer most of the time replaced by a calf skin strap. Is this a true moonphase or does it just show night and day?

Todd

If you look closely you will see a small moon behind the 24 hour hand. When the 24 hour hand is pointing to 12, I think you will see a sun icon at the top of the display.

I have a simliar feature on my Arbutus Watch. So I think your Astbury is a simple sun and moon feature, the same as mine. Mine was sold as having a moon phase, which was a fraud!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the ssame watch with a black face...actually, I have several Astburys, and I think they are a lot of watch for the money. I believe they are British assembled, but orient-sourced.

They have an awesome DeWitt-case homage skeleton in rose gold; liked it so much I bought three more for my sons for Christmas gifts.

My Astburys, below:

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look closely you will see a small moon behind the 24 hour hand. When the 24 hour hand is pointing to 12, I think you will see a sun icon at the top of the display.

I have a simliar feature on my Arbutus Watch. So I think your Astbury is a simple sun and moon feature, the same as mine. Mine was sold as having a moon phase, which was a fraud!
This one that I bought was sold as a moonphase also. But then after some research I found out that it could possibly be just a moon/sun. I have a problem with them selling it as a moonphase if it doesn't have the phases of the moon.

Todd

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
This one that I bought was sold as a moonphase also. But then after some research I found out that it could possibly be just a moon/sun. I have a problem with them selling it as a moonphase if it doesn't have the phases of the moon.

Todd

This seems to be a common practice, I bought my Arbutus thinking it had a proper moon phase too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is a very old posting but I was wondering if astbury has a designated website or just sold different places online? Having trouble finding many at all..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have two Astbury's - I really wanted the long multi-dial version with the winder at 12 (see the burgundy faced Astbury in jaymz's post, second photo) when they were easy to find on ebay. Now it's almost impossible to find anything. Does anyone know what happened to Astbury?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know this is an ancient posting, I have the multi-dialed long Burgandy Astbury unfortunately minus the crown. I have no idea what became of it one minute the crown was there next minute missing. I'm assuming it just screws on anti-clockwise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts