WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

At what Location on Your Wrist Do You Wear Your Watch?

• Between the Wrist Bone and the Hand

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Back of the Wrist Bone

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen wrist shots of guys wearing their watch (1) between the wrist bone and the hand and (2) back of the wrist bone.

(1) Between the wrist bone and the hand (thanks to certifiedfryguy on Seiko & Citizen subforum for pic):

(2) Back of the wrist bone (thanks to Motorcityjoe on Seiko & Citizen subforum for pic):

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Above the bone. I think that that position provides for a better range of motion, with no interference from your watch!!!

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
As I've said before, my wrist has no protruding bone. So I wear mine pretty far up against the back of the hand. So between, I guess.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
The proper location for a wristwatch is on the actual wrist. Wearing one on any other part of the arm looks ridiculous, IMO. Nothing looks worse than a manacle of metal choking the life out of the base of someone's hand, except maybe a watch that's doubling as a bangle bracelet half way up the forearm.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Where the wrist is at its narrowest and where the watch (even on a loose bracelet) naturally slips to ...which happens to be right over the bone in my case

(so neither as far as the poll is concerned)

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
my problem is fine-tuning the adjustment; right now it's lose enough that if my arms are down at my sides, the watch slides up and over the wristbone onto my wrist. the picture below is where it usually sits. if i remove a link, then the watch will sit snugly down by my wrist bone, but then pinches and restricts movement every time i move my wrist.

Photo Aug 07, 1 05 31 PM.jpeg

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I like wearing my watch right at the top of my wrist.

·
Registered
660 Posts
At what location on my wrist do I wear my watch?

On my wrist, of course.

IMO you need to clarify what you meant by "back of the wrist." By "back of the wrist," do you mean on the arm behind the wrist bone (which I suspect), or do you mean over the wrist? I wear mine on the latter location, which if I understand your poll choices correctly, is not offered as an answer.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Above the wrist bone. Wearing it any more down the wrist makes it difficult to bend at the wrist. Wearing it over the bone would just be plain uncomfortable.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I usually wear mine so it falls somewhere south of the elbow and somewhere north of the knuckles.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts