WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:-!It's that time of year. Let's have a GTG for the Georgia's "Watch Idiot Savants".:-!

Everyone who can attend is invited. Please tell your friends and cross post on any WUS sub-forums or other watch collector sites. I'll take care of posting in the Doxa and Public forums.
All are welcome, Snobs will be shamed into submission and flogged if necessary.

Sunday, April 22
1:00pm until 4:00pm
(We can stay later if anyone wants to and anyone that needs to show up later due to Church services, please don't hesitate, come on down)
Pappsito's Cantina
2788 Windy Hill Road Southeast Marietta, GA 30067 (770) 541-6100

Bring your entire collection. I've already spoken to a few locals an we can already expect to have a nice showing of Doxa's, Omega, Rolex's, Sinn's, Seiko's, Helson's, as well as many of the other boutique makers and even a Blancpain or two. I'll personally be bringing all that I have from my beloved Doxa 750T Pro to my trusty Casio Pathfinder that has been to war and back.

Good food, cold margarita's and a buffet of nice watches should make for a fun afternoon. Don't miss it. Let's put some faces with the names and, in the process, go easy enough on the margarita's to remember them. Bring your significant others. My wife may even come but she says she'll only be going for two reasons, the margarita's and the opportunity to call us all "Watch Nerds" to our faces. She's a Peach, huh?

If you are able to attend, please PM me with the number attending so that I can maintain a somewhat accurate headcount for the reservation.

See you soon...

RS

Moderator Note: This announcement has been approved for cross posting in multiple forums by Ernie Romers. Thanks

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a great time - I'm really envious! Please take plenty of pics to post for those of us no where near Hotlanta!
Will do, have at least one skilled photographer in Gaopa coming so the pics should be nice. I just picked up a Gary Fong Puffer for my DSLR so maybe my pics will turn out OK as well. I have to compensate for my lack of skill with camera tchotchkes.

While I wish you could make it, I won't feel too bad for you Horoticus. In the Garden State, there seems to be some pretty impressive collections that end up at the NJ\NY GTG's. I get jealous every time I see pics of those events. Keep an eye out for announcements because they seem to come up more often than other locales.

RS

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should be able to make it; thanks for coordinating this. It's been a while since the last one I attended.
Great. I'm looking forward to seeing that collection again. Any updates to it? Specifically do you still have the 300T re-issue, bronze Helson, and that awesome BP FF?

I'd say that I still owe you at least one more lunch for hooking me up with that end link that I needed.

RS

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great. I'm looking forward to seeing that collection again. Any updates to it? Specifically do you still have the 300T re-issue, bronze Helson, and that awesome BP FF?

I'd say that I still owe you at least one more lunch for hooking me up with that end link that I needed.

RS
Yep, still have all those, although my Helson may be MIA for the case swap depending on how quickly if comes back. It should make it back in the next 6 weeks I'd think, but will likely look less "aged" than when you saw it. I picked up a MM600 SD a few weeks ago and it's been splitting wrist time with the FF. Its thick case reminds me of the 300T re-issue in terms of depth of dial, which I dig. I'll also bring my CaRRibbean for any DOXA fans that are interested.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, still have all those, although my Helson may be MIA for the case swap depending on how quickly if comes back. It should make it back in the next 6 weeks I'd think, but will likely look less "aged" than when you saw it. I picked up a MM600 SD a few weeks ago and it's been splitting wrist time with the FF. Its thick case reminds me of the 300T re-issue in terms of depth of dial, which I dig. I'll also bring my CaRRibbean for any DOXA fans that are interested.
I hope the Helson is back. A friend of mine is coming and he is considering one.

I forgot that you had the CaRRibbean. That's a classic that I haven't seen in person but then again I suppose few people have.

RS

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By my count, we have 10 confirmations including +1's and 1 tentative. A very good turnout with plenty of time to add to it.

Remember to shoot me a PM if you are planning to attend so that I can arrange enough seating.

RS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts