WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a brand new (1-month old factory sealed Calibre 560 Atmos) Atmos clock. In attempting to set for "spring forward" on my Atmos, i stopped the balance at the end of its turn, locked it, and moved the minute hand forward 60 minutes. fine.

i then unlocked the balance. i've only unlocked the balance once before (when i took it out of its sealed box), and it started oscillating perfectly that time. this time, however, the oscillations are way way less than what i had previously. previously, i had roughly 540 degrees, i.e. 360 plus 180. now, it was way way less than even 360.

i read the manual thoroughly but it's opaque on this issue.

so...i waited till the balance is at its extreme end, and gave it a very gentle move additionally. well, i was overly gentle because i didn't add enough amplitude still! i did it either one more time or even two more times.

now, it is oscillating around 450, i.e. 360 plus another 90.

so, net/net, the current amplitude is STILL 90 degrees approximately less than what it was the last time i unlocked the balance (straight out of its original sealed box).

Question:

may i ask if the amplitude is expected to "grow" due to the power reserve giving it a little gentle push over a number of hours, and, after, say, another 6 hours, i ought to see greater amplitude?

thanks!

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,723 Posts
My vague recollection is that the balance may take quite a while to get back to normal amplitude. Give it a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply on my post re: springing forward.

I did it with great nervousness on Saturday (3 days ago) even though I've read and re-read the manual around 25 times already

I am a very careful person and want to do the very best for things that I care for.

This is a brand new Atmos clock which arrived at my request factory sealed (not even opened by the dealer) so I don't want to screw anything up.

Well, the amplitude did increase after a few hours to just slightly greater than 540 degrees, so at this point, all is running very well.

The next time I expect to do this is, hopefully, for "Fall Back". For that, I would guess that I'd simply stop the balance and wait an hour and restart it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts