WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Out of all the atomic solar G's you own which one do you like the most and also which one seems to pick up the signal where ever you sit it down?

My favorite is the GW-300. I can't take this blue one off at all. It also is the best atomic reciving watch out there for me because no matter where or how I put the watch(i.e on the side or face down) It will pick the signal up un like my others which have to be face down to pick the signal up

So what are yours

Cheers
Leon

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
My GW-500 used to (I don't have it anymore) pick up a signal anywhere, whether it was on my wrist or not.

Well... by 'anywhere' I mean south-east England and Poland.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,195 Posts
for me (west coast, socal), the MTG910DA seems to work best

and GW600 (recent production and model) was worst (very hard to signal, when the MTG910DA get signal with ease which sat right next to it)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I got a black GW300 some days ago at a Target store. At more or less $30.00 USD, it was too much of an offer to let it go.

I'm really impressed with this model: At a distance of 901 miles/1450 kilometers, it is daily receiving the signal from Fort Collins, without any problems, on my wrist and while I sleep.

:)

·
Registered
904 Posts
These are my 2 tough solar & atomic G's

I find that they both sync about the same time but it seems my Mr-G is a tad better at manul synchonization than my 5600.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My yellow GW400HLJ lifeguard. It's the most receptive getting a full reception (three full bars) the quickest and half the time synchs in two minutes.

Locomoco.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
At the moment I have to leave my GW-9000-1JF on a window ledge overnight to ensure reception, but I currently live >300 miles from the UK transmitter in the south of England. When this relocates to the north of England in the New Year I will be <80 miles from it, so am hoping this will show a marked improvement.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Got an MTG920DA-1 on its way. The price was right. Not sure if I'll keep, but I'll definitely end up with a G-Shock Atomic Solar in one form or another ;-) (on the fence with lack of countdown, and I really like the reverse displays like on the GW810BD-1 or GW700BDJ-2JF).

:-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts