WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Here in the US where I live (Chicago-area, IL), we do daylight savings time. Most of the US does this as well. So last night I put my atomic g-shocks in my office where they sync nicely each night. All synced and but only 1 changed to the correct DST adjusted time, although all have DST enabled/ON. The watches are as follows:

GW-300 - synced but no change in time
GW-6900 - synced but no change in time
GW-5600 - synced and DID change time

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Neil

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey all.

Here in the US where I live (Chicago-area, IL), we do daylight savings time. Most of the US does this as well. So last night I put my atomic g-shocks in my office where they sync nicely each night. All synced and but only 1 changed to the correct DST adjusted time, although all have DST enabled/ON. The watches are as follows:

GW-300 - synced but no change in time
GW-6900 - synced but no change in time
GW-5600 - synced and DID change time

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Neil
You're not supposed to have the DST to ON, as that will leave it ON regardless of it being ON or OFF. you have to to have it to AUTO, as THEN it will change as the DST changes

Sent from my SLA-L22 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AH hah!!!!

I don't understand what the function of ON is then?? Seems like OFF or Auto and ON is not necessary....

I'm totally missing something obvious right?

Neil

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just turned mine all off on my atomics. Come this time of the year I start syncing very infrequently so if I wait for it to sync and correct itself it could be a few days.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
AH hah!!!!

I don't understand what the function of ON is then?? Seems like OFF or Auto and ON is not necessary....

I'm totally missing something obvious right?

Neil
There are places that don't observe the DST or have their standard time set to DST all year long BUT are within the range of the atomic tower. If the watch didn't have the ON/OFF option, the user would wake up half the year with the incorrect time EVERY morning.
Then you have places that are out of the range but use the DST and standard times. On those places you need the ON/OFF capability as they switch between the 2

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I thought all atomic ones had AUTO as well, while non atomic have ON/OFF

Yup, all my s-a’s have the “auto” option. The non radio-synchers do not.

Reactions: Epal2Apol
1 - 9 of 9 Posts