WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GW-6900BC and, normally, my watch updates with the atomic function regularly, sometimes daily. Lately its been taking longer. It's been over two weeks since the last update so I was wondering if anyone has had a similar lag. I'm not too concerned, yet, but this is the longest time between updates I have experience since I purchased the watch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I do it manually every once in a while at 01:00 in the morning. I put it on the windowsill with 12-o-clock facing outside. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes. It does not catch signal during the day between 07:00 and 23:00

·
Registered
836 Posts
In my experience weather has an impact on atomic sync. When it's clouded and/or rainy out at night, then sometimes my watches might not sync. When the weather's good then never any problem.

Btw I wish Casio would (like Citizen f.i.) implement the first sync at 2am instead of midnight. Often on fridays / saturdays I tend to be still up at midnight. Syncing at that time never works, as I tend to move when I'm up :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
In the UK I have my GW-M5600 on me 24/7 and it syncs every night at 0202hrs-ish.
Could this issued be more of a problem in the US, and how's it syncing for other UK users?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I would just wait it out a little bit, and just keep them by the window. Same thing has happened with me, I would assume it's just the weather, not positive though. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Last night the watch updated just like it usually does. I wear the watch 24/7. I've found that it usually syncs at 4 minutes past the hour. We have had some thunderstorms here in FL recently so it might have been the issue. It won't sync if my TV is on or my phone is connected to wifi.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Yeah, my atomic G's sometimes sync daily and on one occasion, did not sync for 7 weeks. It seems to be dependent on weather and seasonal factors. Here in Northern California, it syncs consistently in the summer months, but is erratic towards the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts