WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Greetings All,
This might make an interesting poll actually. You choose the continent or country (if enough are listed) where Wave-ceptor has worked for you. It would be good to compare this to what Casio claims.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Greetings All,
This might make an interesting poll actually. You choose the continent or country (if enough are listed) where Wave-ceptor has worked for you. It would be good to compare this to what Casio claims.
Hiyas, Resin,how are you? Do you know if the wave receptors work in Venezuela? or is it only in Europe and Usa?
Regards
Batman

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Greetings, Batman,

It seems your chance to get the radio signal from Fort Collins in Caracas would be in the 0200-1000 UTC time frame. Caracas time is UTC minus 4, so you should try to manually synchronize your watch in the 10.00 PM-6.00 AM local time frame (2.00 AM could be your best chance).

Please remember that those maps caption says they show computer-generated estimates, so it's not a given fact. Getting the signal or not depends on specific weather, terrain obstacles and density of wave "traffic" at any given time. It's my opinion that Caracas is way too far to catch the radio signal, but it's worth the try, isn't it?

:) Have a nice day

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Greetings, Batman,

It seems your chance to get the radio signal from Fort Collins in Caracas would be in the 0200-1000 UTC time frame. Caracas time is UTC minus 4, so you should try to manually synchronize your watch in the 10.00 PM-6.00 AM local time frame (2.00 AM could be your best chance).

Please remember that those maps caption says they show computer-generated estimates, so it's not a given fact. Getting the signal or not depends on specific weather, terrain obstacles and density of wave "traffic" at any given time. It's my opinion that Caracas is way too far to catch the radio signal, but it's worth the try, isn't it?

:) Have a nice day
Hi Batman,
Vintage nicely summed things up, I think. I wanted to add that I've heard cases where the signal has "bounced" and some areas that are not supposed to, have synced watches. That would go under what Vintage said about approximate maps from Casio.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I lived in Toronto, I got reception on a cheap, non-casio radio-controlled watch at least every couple days by putting it in the window of my basement apartment. I expect you'll do fine - if not every day, at least often enough to keep it within a second or two. (I currently get reception probably 2 days out of 3 in Cleveland, which is only a few hundred km closer)

Also, I miss Toronto! What a city.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I live within reception range of both the UK and German transmitters, and in an apartment high above the ground. Even so, I have to place my watches (and Seiko RC alarm clock) on a window ledge to ensure reception of the signal.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the UK transmitter is relocated early next year. I will be less than 100 miles away from it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts