WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I think your grey gasket is still in the recess. Use a thinned down toothpick to unseat it and get it out. There are two gaskets per pusher; one black and one grey.
Thanks, will do. I'll have to make sure I get the order of gaskets washer and spring all correct when I reassemble. Is it only the C clip that needs to be inserted from the inside?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks, will do. I'll have to make sure I get the order of gaskets washer and spring all correct when I reassemble. Is it only the C clip that needs to be inserted from the inside?
Save that image posted in the previous page by member Kairo. I remember placing all the gaskets and washer in the same order as one of those images and putting on the C clip from the inside of the case. Be careful, the C Clip can still fly off! I place the C clip on the groove and use a blunt, wide piece of wood to push it down firmly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
ok cool. That pic will be useful.

well my first potential parts watch arrived.I bought it as a not working watch for its 240 module as it was from the original owner and seemed untouched so I thought I would have a better chance of getting it going. And it was cheap….
Rectangle Watch Font Gadget Jewellery
Automotive tire Rectangle Gadget Auto part Electronic device
Rectangle Gadget Auto part Font Fashion accessory

What the heck is going on with that bezel eh?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So straight off I took the back off to change the battery. Interesting mod to fit a smaller battery. Is this common? Seems very clean on the inside which was nice. The PO used it as his dive watch regularly for decades so was a nice surprise.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim Alloy wheel
Gas Circle Font Auto part Metal

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
After a quick clean I think this is too nice to use for parts for my other watches. I’ll get to polishing the crystal next, I think it will turn out well. Looks like I’m saving another one…. My only one with gold buttons so I really should keep it. Now to wait for the next potential parts watch to arrive…

Watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory Material property
Camera accessory Fashion accessory Circle Metal Font

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
agreed Beefy. This is what your buttons can look like if you play life hard without a bezel…
Of the three remaining buttons, none are pretty, which is why I must pursue a Parts watch.
Took the clips off in a clear ziplock bag with my new $2 slant tip tweezers off eBay.

View attachment 16102615 View attachment 16102616 View attachment 16102617
Wow, that watch must've lived a hard life! Great job on the restoration so far!

As for the buttons, you can use the buttons from a DW-5600E. It'll be easier than trying to find another vintage parts watch as the 5600E should be easily found used or new. You should swap the DW5000C gaskets to the new buttons, as long as they're in good shape. This is what I did on a DW5000C restoration a while ago. The buttons on that watch were in similar condition to yours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
As for the buttons, you can use the buttons from a DW-5600E. It'll be easier than trying to find another vintage parts watch as the 5600E should be easily found used or new. You should swap the DW5000C gaskets to the new buttons, as long as they're in good shape. This is what I did on a DW5000C restoration a while ago. The buttons on that watch were in similar condition to yours.
Beautiful DW5000C @kevio . I was hoping someone would chime in that has used 5600E buttons. So gaskets are slightly different?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Beautiful DW5000C @kevio . I was hoping someone would chime in that has used 5600E buttons. So gaskets are slightly different?
Yes, the gaskets are different. You can compare if you do use the DW5600E buttons but I don't recall if they are larger or smaller. I have to give a shout out to @tommy.arashikage for this suggestion when I was restoring my DW5000C.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts