WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey now.

im looking for a good upland hunting watch that can handle some abuse. there isnt much abuse in upland hunting but still.

also are there any watches for outdoors-men (sp?) that are somewhat classy?

also do you notice your stainless steel bands getting cold on your wrist? yes, i know they are under clothes but still, im just curious.

thanks again in advance

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wear a Luminox 3005 with a rubber strap. I love it because it has taken any abuse I've given it and it keeps running. Plus, the lume is amazing so I can tell the time with ease, even at night.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I suspect Vladamir Putin wears his Blancpain Leman chrono or Breguet Marine, both would make suitable picks while hunting bears or quail. His Patek perpetual calendar seems more suitable for arm wrestling though.

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

Reactions: averagejoe303

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
I misread the original heading and thought the question was for "attention hunters"... So presumably something gaudy then :-d

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't wear my watch when shooting because i always end up bruising my wrist, especially when on the trail bikes. Things can get pretty wild here in Oz!

But if I did, I would buy a light, cheap, beater. Something like a casio pathfinder?

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
We can discuss but WUS Rules preclude any weapons pics. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Back again. I'd go with this Citizen BM6400 for about $120. They make more *****in' versions but they're Japan only and cost five times as much. As it is, this is a heck of a watch for the price:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Black

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
What about seiko 5 "military" watch?
They're great. I love the way they look and recommend them here and there but for serious outdoors work this Citizen is the more robust watch (quartz...Eco-Drive at that, water resistance, crown guards and probably better lume...).

·
Registered
495 Posts
I suspect Vladamir Putin wears his Blancpain Leman chrono or Breguet Marine, both would make suitable picks while hunting bears or quail. His Patek perpetual calendar seems more suitable for arm wrestling though.

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

Face Hair Forehead Eyebrow Chin

In Russia, you don't wear watch, watch wear you!

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
I misread the original heading and thought the question was for "attention hunters"... So presumably something gaudy then :-d
the colon should've been placed after "attention" with a comma after "hunters".
I misread it the way you did as well.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Boys and girls, this is why understanding the role of commas in the English language is rather important.

Other examples include sentences such as the following: I helped my uncle, Jack, off the horse.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
The black g shock 6900. The cheap one with the plastic buckle.

Sent Via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
As most dive watches can take a decent beating, I'm never too particular about which one I'm wearing when shooting or hunting small game. When hunting big game, I'll stick to my Frogman since field dressing can be messy business.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts