WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see we have a fair amount of new DOXA owners, and I wanted to see how many of you guys have picked up a copy of Pete Millar's 40th anniversary book of the DOXA Sub? The watch itself is awesome, but when you see and read about it's rich history, it takes the ownership experience to a completely different level.

The reason I'm telling you all this, is becasue the work has really impacted me as a watch collector...and since it's limited, it would be a shame for any of you to miss out. It's a wealth of information, and one that every DOXA enthusiast shouldn't be without.:)

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I can endorse your support of The Doxa Book. I can't say enough good things about it. Pete's book gets me so excited every time I read it that I have to get one of my vintage Doxas out just to scratch my Doxa itch.:-d

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been thinking of getting a copy, but did not know that it was a limited issue. I guess I better order one now. Thanks for the heads up.:thanks Mike

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
+300, it was an instant classic, a treasure trove of info (the definitive source to date in fact) on the SUB series, be it modern or vintage. I love my copy (and the review copy too!). :-!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well I just placed my order in for this book about 5 minutes ago!!

What I find very intriguing is the fact, that I still have not received my 1000T Pro yet, and I'm oddly already well...obsessed with the DOXA brand >_<.

I'm pretty sure I will be owning another watch or two eventually after my little trip to Iraq for 6 months lol.

I guess I have been bitten by the DOXA bug...

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Well I just placed my order in for this book about 5 minutes ago!!

What I find very intriguing is the fact, that I still have not received my 1000T Pro yet, and I'm oddly already well...obsessed with the DOXA brand >_<.

I'm pretty sure I will be owning another watch or two eventually after my little trip to Iraq for 6 months lol.

I guess I have been bitten by the DOXA bug...
I can assure you that the Book will NOT curb your enthusiasm in the least. It will definitely make things worse for you.:-d

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well my book just came in today!!!!!! WOOO I can't wait to start reading the history of it all :).

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well my book just came in today!!!!!! WOOO I can't wait to start reading the history of it all :).
Enjoy, because discovering the history of the Sub was what really set the hook for me. It's the history that puts so much soul into these watches, and separates DOXA from many others. Others have history, but it's not recorded, assembled and presented like DOXA. For me, the book takes a chunk of steel and a bunch of gears, and turns it into something special.

On another note...many of you new guys may not know this, but much of the history had been lost. It wasn't like Pete went to DOXA, opened the archives and assembled a book. It was painstakingly assembled through hours of research and through many contributions from people right here on the forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the heads up....i had this in the back of my mind and completely forgot!
Off to the website i go......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts