WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a WTB post on the forum asking for a Victorinox Dive Master. Someone created an ID and posted this "Email James he might has for sale. jamesbrian1020@gmail.com." on the thread itself. I guess because they cannot send messaged or open conversation.

I thought it was strange because the name of the ID was totally different then the above. But I decided to check and see. I sent an email and after a couple of messages I got some pictures of a Divemaster black. However I had just seen that on ebay on a post from someone in Australia. So I asked James Brian where he was shipping from, he said Texas.

So I told him how come he sent me pictures of a watch from Australia... he did not answer. I guess I won't hear back on that one.

Evidently a scammer.

I actually saw a few such messages on WTB posts so be careful.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not make a mod report because when I went back to look at the WTB thread the post was already gone so I figure it was already known. I did not even remember the ID from that person.

In searching for the email via google I found another such post listed but that too was gone from the thread, so it must have been found already too by one of the moderators.

·
Registered
178 Posts
He posted on my WTB ad as well. Thanks for the heads up on this guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts