WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really fell in love with the Attesa ATV53-2834 and I tried to find a place to buy it. Seiya and Higichi don't have it, Hovanfue couldn't help, none on Ebay. Does anybody know of another place to buy it? I contacted Superchrono and they offered a 2835 but they have a poor reputation as a reseller.
I don't know why but I don't like the 2933 as much as the 2834 but I guess I'll get that one if no 2834 will be available.
Any help?

Thanks,
D Michael.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Hey DMichael welcome. Tough one there it has been discontinued for quite some time. I owned one once and sold it here at WUS. I bought it from Seiya. I have seen a couple pop up on ebay within the last 6 months. I'm sure there are a few NOS (New old stock) left in the JDM market or you could look to buy one used if that was acceptable for you. Here at the WUS sales forum you could run a search.

So you emailed Seiya, Higuchi, and ChinoWatch? If you were patient you could ask them to notify you if they were able to get there hands on one at some point.

It's a really cool watch full of gadgetry and tough as nails. If you don't "have to have" the all DLC model and the sword type hands you could opt for the 2833 I see a few for sale on ebay and Seiya has one although a touch on the pricey side (ebay is cheaper). GL on your search!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jbdan,

Thanks for yor help. Yes, I like how the DLC looks. I emailed to the vendors and I guess I'll sit tight.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I really fell in love with the Attesa ATV53-2834 and I tried to find a place to buy it. Seiya and Higichi don't have it, Hovanfue couldn't help, none on Ebay. Does anybody know of another place to buy it? I contacted Superchrono and they offered a 2835 but they have a poor reputation as a reseller.
I don't know why but I don't like the 2933 as much as the 2834 but I guess I'll get that one if no 2834 will be available.
Any help?

Thanks,
D Michael.
The Attesa 2834 is a true classic.

The design elements came together very well on this watch and the DLC finishing adds dramatically to its look.

Unfortunately it was a limited edition and is now impossible to find new at retail as it proved to be really popular.

They do crop up used from time to time but be prepared for a fair wait as owners do not seem to keen to let them go.

I was on the lookout for quite a while before I was able to pick up mine.

Here are some photos to keep you going.

Mitch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I saw one of these on a friend's wrist. The pictures don't do it justice. It looks flawless.
I will keep on looking.

D.M.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I have one of these as well and agree with your sentiments, Mitch. It does have a nice classic design that will endure for years to come. Also, the good thing is that it's driven by the U600 movement, which is also in the Skyhawk USA model. So, servicing in the USA is readily available.

Also of note is that Citizen customer service is exemplary. I turned in my watch for the software update and they took care of it very professionally, with no costs involved (free shipping).

My only real gripe is that the DLC is not as bullet proof as I'd expected. I've picked up a few light scratches from abrasive forces that shouldn't have caused them. But, I think relative to other coatings it is probably one of the strongest available.

·
Banned
340 Posts
I recently picked up this one from Higuchi:

This is the Attesa ATV53-3022. Why did I get this one instead of the 2834 series?

Simple.....

1) Updated U680 module that syncs in China (BPC atomic clock signal) and has 3.5 year power reserve (Where as the 2834 with the older U600 only has 2.5 years and no China sync)

2) Like the cleaner styling of the 3022 series much better
3) More future proof. These new U680 were released in 2009, whereas the 2834s were released in 2007 and may soon end production.
4) Same price as the older U600 2834s

These watches are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C! Highly recommended buys.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Congrats on the buy, DCollins. It's a very clean looking Citizen. I wouldn't say the U680 movement is a notable improvement over the U600. If you never visit China, that extra band is a non-issue. As for the power reserve, I think anything beyond a year is overkill... unless you plan on tucking your watch away for much longer.

U600 or U680... both are excellent choices. And Citizen has installed them within very handsomely designed casings.

I wouldn't mind having the Attesa 293x series. The internal rotating bezel is a very cool feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts