WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I have one of these as well and agree with your sentiments, Mitch. It does have a nice classic design that will endure for years to come. Also, the good thing is that it's driven by the U600 movement, which is also in the Skyhawk USA model. So, servicing in the USA is readily available.

Also of note is that Citizen customer service is exemplary. I turned in my watch for the software update and they took care of it very professionally, with no costs involved (free shipping).

My only real gripe is that the DLC is not as bullet proof as I'd expected. I've picked up a few light scratches from abrasive forces that shouldn't have caused them. But, I think relative to other coatings it is probably one of the strongest available.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Congrats on the buy, DCollins. It's a very clean looking Citizen. I wouldn't say the U680 movement is a notable improvement over the U600. If you never visit China, that extra band is a non-issue. As for the power reserve, I think anything beyond a year is overkill... unless you plan on tucking your watch away for much longer.

U600 or U680... both are excellent choices. And Citizen has installed them within very handsomely designed casings.

I wouldn't mind having the Attesa 293x series. The internal rotating bezel is a very cool feature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts