WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for one of the Citizen Sailhawk models, model JR4034-53E in particular (shown below). For those of you who have the model I'm looking for, I'm wondering what you think about the bracelet. I tend to like a heavy, solid bracelet and am wondering how much the titanium center links lighten the bracelet up. As I understand it, the bezel is titanium too. I'm already figuring I'm going to end up replacing the bracelet with either a good solid super oyster, or one of the engineer-type bracelets like the Watchadoo bracelet shown below. I have been kicking myself ALL DAY for missing a nice used example on Ebay this morning. I had asked some questions about the condition of the watch. While waiting, I had also made an offer on a brand new one. When I received the answer that the used one was in great condition, I decided to wait to see if my offer was going to be accepted before bidding on the used one. When I received word my offer for the new one was turned down, I got an email immediately from the guy with the used one saying that it had just been bought using "Buy it Now." That was about the crappiest piece of luck I've had in a long time. I was very unhappy...However, I will find one. There are a few new ones on Ebay right now, but they obviously think they're made of gold instead of titanium .Robert 645641d1331155230-wtb-citizen-sailhawk-either-jr4030-03e-jr4034-53e-citizensailhawk01.jpg Citizen JR4034-53E with Watchadoo.jpg This one has a Watchadoo bracelet

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hey Ferrari, I used to own this model. Here's some pics; https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/citizen-sailhawk-358774.html. I don't really think there is any need to swap out the bracelet. Citizen bracelets are top notch, and it fits nicely to the contour of the case. The center links are indeed Ti, as is the bezel. This is a beast of a watch. Do a search of the sales forum to look up historical prices. Even if it is scratched up a bit, it's easy enough to clean up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts