WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not my cup of tea. Looks too retro but I guess that's the whole point. IMO, two tone is tasteless as well. For 50kish I expect something along patek 5905R.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Shows how much Audemars Piguet really have lost the plot, and their reliance on 50 different hues of the Royal Oak to exist.
$53 grand for a bi-metal Code lite, with more if its movement obscured by the rotor?
My guess is that luxury brands choose the kind of price range they will compete in when pricing the watch. $53K might seem a lot but its in the same range as the VC Cornes de Vache and Patek Philippe 5172

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
^
I understand fully how the luxury (watch) market works, but the price is still a great big slap in the face irrespective.
Anyone with an ounce of sense will analyse what’s on offer, and 500 pieces isn’t limited enough at this price point – that’s Grand Seiko numbers, and nearly a tenth of the cost – so there’ll be very little impetus for buying it purely because it’s an Audemars, even among the die hard fans of the brand..

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Way too expensive for what it is.

I'd take an FPJ double split or Lange 1815 chrono any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Nice watch with a nice inhouse movement

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I love vintage chronos, but the "12" font, the hands and markers, and choices they made on with the case don't add up for me. I was never a big AP fan, but the last few releases from them have been forgettable in my opinion.

Reactions: aznseank

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It's a cool novelty but my guess is the quirky design will wear thin/wear out its welcome for most owners. It seems like a small volume play from the brand, but may win them some business from the vintage enthusiast crowd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts