WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I just bought myself a new Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 Black dial from an AD. It cost me $17,000 and that is a lot of money to me. Since it is such a high-end watch and it is also brand new, I am quiet anal about things around me. For example, today, I tried to high-five someone and we missed our hands and my friend's hand hit my new AP. It was not a hard one, but still, would that cause any damage to the watch? Will daily shock on my watch affect the accuracy and the longevity of my AP? (Such as coming in contact with someone, a desk, chair, etc. on my wrist.). Thank you guys for dealing with me I am VERY anal with my new watches. Also, how much shock can AP's or other high-end watches take while on the wrist?
IMG_1096.JPG IMG_1098.JPG

·
Registered
94 Posts
First. RO has been around for more than awhile. It's been battle tested sort of speak. Second. AP has not had small issues like other brands that I know. Even if it's not the ROO. It is sort of a dress/ sporty watch. It's not as delicate as you think.

Only thing I would advise you is not treat it as gshock. But don't need to worry about regular use。

I wouldn't swim with it. Or play golf wit it.
treat it like you love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, so a wrong high-five to the wrist or knocking it on desks are fine. Got it. Of course I would not throw my RO around like a G-Shock. But I am glad a RO can withstand daily shocks. Thank you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I am the kind of person who wouldn't leave my watch in direct contact with the desk unless it's a cloth covered one. Only allow soft objects touch my watches. But I would say you are oversensitive to shock damage. We only call things like a hard swing or it falling off from 2 feet shocks.

Nice to know I am not alone in being anal in this regard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think AP mention on their specs that the 15400 is guaranteed upto 2,000 hi-fives...

...you only have 1,999 left...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Sir, I have to sadly inform you that warranty covers 2000 hi-fives but only 400 missed hi-fives.

LG-D958 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

·
Registered
862 Posts
Your RO will be able to take a few missed high fives and bumps. I ride my bicycle with mine on and it takes quite a few bumps. I tend to worry more about dings and scratches. The RO picks them up like no other.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scratches and dings don't really get to me. What really gets to me is a messed up movement from shocks. I consider scratches and dings as "characters" that make up my watch. haha

·
Registered
876 Posts
No different from any other mechanical watch. Take it off while playing tennis and golf. Congrats on the RO by the way.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You are safe really, don't worry op

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ah, so a wrong high-five to the wrist or knocking it on desks are fine. Got it. Of course I would not throw my RO around like a G-Shock. But I am glad a RO can withstand daily shocks. Thank you.
Well, it'll get a ton of little scratches, which is not quite the kind of damage you're thinking of, but you'll see them!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am the kind of person who wouldn't leave my watch in direct contact with the desk unless it's a cloth covered one. Only allow soft subjects touch my watches. But I would say you are oversensitive to shock damage. We only call things like a hard swing or it falling off from 2 feet shocks.

Nice to know I am not alone in being anal in this regard.
Seriously? I could not be bothered with taking precautions in my surroundings whilst wearing a certain watch. It's just a good looking tool to me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
I think AP mention on their specs that the 15400 is guaranteed upto 2,000 hi-fives...

...you only have 1,999 left...
ROTFL!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the sole person who found jocular inspiration in this topic.

All the best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts