WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am currently looking to add an Autavia 3-handler to my collection. I am looking at the used market since don't want to pay the retail price. Found one, but not sure is worth the money they asked for. I noticed that the crown is missing the black filling. My question to Autavia owners is, can you please, tell me if this black filling is just a protective plastic or a real plastic filler that came off (the watch on top) due to abuse, hit, or something else.

By the way, how do you like the watch, does it wear comfortably, any issues you experienced? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
16,938 Posts
The black is part of the normal crown.

Is that top photo of the watch you are looking to purchase?

If so, it may not be missing, it is quite shiny and just may not look black in that photo due to reflection and lighting.

Ask for better photo’s…

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black is part of the normal crown.

Is that top photo of the watch you are looking to purchase?

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...
Yes, the top picture is for the watch I am considering. Thank you, I will ask for a better picture then.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
The black is a paint fill and can be refilled easily.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would be a little concerned if the paint is missing given that the Autavia is pretty new to the market (since 2019 I believe?). Has the watch had some rough treatment? OP I would also check the gray market for prices as often you can get new watches at a good discount there too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts