WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Complete watch newbie here. I am hoping to confirm the authenticity of an Omega Co-Axial calibre 8500 42 mm. I picked up the watch through Ebay and did my best to vet the seller. The watch ref and serial numbers match the warranty card which has been dated and stamped by an official Omega AD.

Attached are a few photos. I've blurred out most of the serial number.

I really appreciate any insight you guys can give me.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's the real deal.

The nicely visible movement is the give-away. Nobody faked the 8500-movement yet. At least not very convincing :)

What are your concerns with the watch?

Kind regards,
Shaguar

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The watch in the picture is 100% authentic, you should have no concern. The movement is the 8500 caliber

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,

I really appreciate the response. I've had no problems with the watch. I think I was mostly self-conscious because for me it was quite a bit of coin to spend on a watch especially considering I bought it off Ebay. Thanks for the piece of mind. I'm loving the watch!

Cheers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's the real deal.

The nicely visible movement is the give-away. Nobody faked the 8500-movement yet. At least not very convincing :)

What are your concerns with the watch?

Kind regards,
Shaguar
Some have attempted yet but the results were pathetic. The only thing you can fake at the cost of a few quid is the rotor and that´s all. A clean giveaway, then.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
And some still not so well disguised (real ETA 2836 in a $350 PO replica): Cotes De Arabesque only on the rotor give this one away, but to the unknowing it may be good enough.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts