WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was authenticated by EBay, but i'm not sure how much I really trust them. Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, everything looks good
Do you mind explaining how you can tell? I was doing a lot of research into fake omega co-axial movements and only seemed to find differences in the finishing of the metal. I initially thought the finishing on the roater on this watch was a little off, but i guess you see something that I don't.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Do you mind explaining how you can tell? I was doing a lot of research into fake omega co-axial movements and only seemed to find differences in the finishing of the metal. I initially thought the finishing on the roater on this watch was a little off, but i guess you see something that I don't.
Primarily from the balance assembly and finishing on the movement. The chinese ones are getting better but they still just rely on placing something that looks like a free sprung balance on top of the actual balance cock of the movement.

·
Registered
Datejust 116234
427 Posts
It’s hard to see on the pictures but take a look at this. Nearly all fakes **** this part up. They just use a full lever instead of an actual screw. The first picture is genuine, the second is not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
7,403 Posts
Looks genuine to me.

So on my watch, the screw is pointing right. It isn't pointing upwards like I've seen in other photos (including yours).
The screw is only pointing upwards for the 8800 movements. On the right is correct.

·
Registered
Datejust 116234
427 Posts
So on my watch, the screw is pointing right. It isn't pointing upwards like I've seen in other photos (including yours).
In that case, I would reckon that it is authentic. If you're still having doubts take it to an omega boutique or other watchmaker. It might be worth doing so that there are no doubts at all.

·
Registered
Datejust 116234
427 Posts
Oh and also, the watch looks amazing! Absolute beauty!

Reactions: Saikhoe

·
Registered
330 Posts
View attachment 15813074
]

Another good point of ID is the placement of the 2 light and dark screws next to each other on the movement. The fakes I've seen have these spaced apart more. Not surprisingly, fake sellers take a picture of the caseback with the the rotor blocking these.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Whilst the watch in question looks to be genuine, it's probably just worth pointing out that if it's been through eBay's authentication and they've deemed it genuine, you will have no come back anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts