WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
No. A fake. Redial, for one. Fake engraving on the ratchet wheel. On top of that, the movement looks like some derivative of the AS 984 with altered bridge design, and Rolex has never used the 984 or its derivatives. For that matter, I don't think they have ever used a single movement from A. Schild.

Reactions: Warwian

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
When I see that balance cock, I immediately think: Adolf Schild Cal. AS 984:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 984

...and sure enough, that's what it is! OK, so the bridges have been heavily modified but everything is in the right place (gears in relation to each other as well as rest of movement, position and shape of the click, position of stem release screw.....). Now I do know that Rolex used the FHF 30 in modified form but not the AS 984.....!! My verdict therefore: stay away or get solid confirmation of authenticity.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. A fake. Redial, for one. Fake engraving on the ratchet wheel. On top of that, the movement looks like some derivative of the AS 984 with altered bridge design, and Rolex has never used the 984 or its derivatives. For that matter, I don't think they have ever used a single movement from A. Schild.
Thank you so much!! Some of the things you pointed out were some of the same things I noticed!!! Thank you

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Another fake. The movement, again, has nothing to do with Rolex- it's not by Aegler, Alpina, Gruen, FHF or any known suppliers to Rolex. The dial is repainted and relumed, the hands are wrong, the ATP military markings are fake. Besides, no ATP-spec watch would have a non-waterproof case with a press-in back.

Reactions: Wibbs and busmatt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another fake. The movement, again, has nothing to do with Rolex- it's not by Aegler, Alpina, Gruen, FHF or any known suppliers to Rolex. The dial is repainted and relumed, the hands are wrong, the ATP military markings are fake. Besides, no ATP-spec watch would have a non-waterproof case with a press-in back.

You have helped me so much! I am learning alot . Thank you again! Glad I am part of this forum !

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
You have helped me so much! I am learning alot . Thank you again! Glad I am part of this forum !
Who is offering these pieces.
If on eBay, please give links so we may report seller
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Who is offering these pieces.
If on eBay, please give links so we may report seller
Thanks
Yes indeed, indeed, the seller needs to be banned and prosecuted for being a crook

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey guys, I have another Marconi for you to dissect that I came across in a joblot..Its 34mm with crown, Dial readys Made In France at 6 and the movement is signed Marconi 17 Rubis Made In France..does this have any relation to Rolex? The case back and all round the watch has no Rolex markings whatsoever.

marc1.jpg marc2.jpg marc6.jpg marc4.jpg marc3.jpg

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
IMO, completely unrelated to Rolex. The movement looks like something by Cupillard... Besides, the watch is French, and it's pretty safe to assume, that Rolex didn't make watches in France, let alone using a French movement.
Either the dial been repainted, or these hands come from a different watch.

Reactions: Jigga4040

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
+1 to above
This watch is nothing to do with Rolex
adam

Reactions: Jigga4040
1 - 20 of 29 Posts