WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this particular piece the other day.
Was curious as to its authenticity.
Very much the watch newbie here.

IMG-6736.JPG IMG-6738.JPG IMG-6737.JPG

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Doesn't look right to me.

Where did you come across it?
I agree. I am also suspicious. There's no model number or serial number on the back, and the brushed areas on the caseback should be sapphire glass I think. A few quality issues, such as the bezel printing as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friend of mine had it as a part of his collection. I mentioned I was interested in potentially purchasing it - since i've always wanted a Tag. Although, seeing as how I know so little about watches - I figured I'd do some research. However - when I went looking, all the GC 36's that I found online had black faces, and different back plates. Wanted a second opinion.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Friend of mine had it as a part of his collection. I mentioned I was interested in potentially purchasing it - since i've always wanted a Tag. Although, seeing as how I know so little about watches - I figured I'd do some research. However - when I went looking, all the GC 36's that I found online had black faces, and different back plates. Wanted a second opinion.
I managed to find pictures of that watch with that dial and case back... on replica watch sites.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ive never seen one of these with a white dial only black. a quick google search shows only black faces and the first white face is a link to replicas. for me the first big red flag is no ref number on the case back.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Fake.

·
Registered
15,687 Posts
What if he bought it assuming it to be genuine.
Thats a silly thing to lose a friend over.
Maybe I should have qualified more.

Even if the “friend” bought it “assuming” it was genuine, a true friend would explain it’s provenance as much as possible and not try to pass it off as definitely genuine without any evidence to back this up.

In this case, it’s extremely unlikely they have anything to support that likelihood.

If they continue to insist on it being genuine, and continue to try to sell it off as such, even when faced with evidence to the contrary, that would be a very low, (and downright criminal) act.

That’s a “friend” I would be happy to lose.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts